Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy GOAT (Greatest of all Time) Championship (1/7/20)

I agree, it's so good. Both nights, when they got to the 2nd Final Jeopardy question, I found myself thinking that the hour had flown by. I love watching these three players, each with their own particular style. It's great entertainment!

Respected Contributor

Yes, James!!

I am really loving the matches and the interaction between James, Ken and Brad.  They seem to enjoy and respect each other.

It is my understanding that Thursday will be the last match of the week and pick up again next Tuesday.....yes!!!!

I agree, Ken would be an excellent host for Jeopardy.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I've been looking forward to it and it's even better than I had expected. They are all having a good time including Alex. I'll be sorry when it ends. My favorite is James so I'm hoping he wins.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can see some people aren't familiar with Ken Jennings and his history of mean-spirited, offensive tweets and public statements. And that's not even taking into account his public political vitriol. One of his first, years ago, was even directed at Alex Trebek, the "outdated" Jeopardy set, and Jeopardy's uh...old fans. Sorry, but there's no smoothing things over with a reserved onscreen demeanor and a few well-timed, self-serving compliments and editorials singing the praises of AT. After this tournament, it'll be the real Ken Jennings again. Believe it.

Trebek, on the other hand, has always been a class act, onscreen and off. That's because he respects the Jeopardy brand. And that's probably why, though AT threw out a few names for a replacement, Jennings wasn't among them. (Also, I think TPTB are wisely looking beyond past Jeopardy contestants, anyway).

I admire Jennings as one of the most unbelievably knowledgeable and one of the best contestants I've ever followed on this show. But a Jeopardy host?

Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent. 😉

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

I am enjoying this tournament a lot!

I could see Brad as the next host of Jeopardy.

Respected Contributor

Not clear on the TV schedule?

Guess I'll just check the listings.

It seems that Ken seems to pretend to be stumpted. And pretends to be surprised that the answer is correct.

Super Contributor

I like all three contestants but I am rooting for James, he seems so down to earth and love how he donated a lot of his winnings to charity.  

Super Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

I can see some people aren't familiar with Ken Jennings and his history of mean-spirited, offensive tweets and public statements. And that's not even taking into account his public political vitriol. One of his first, years ago, was even directed at Alex Trebek, the "outdated" Jeopardy set, and Jeopardy's uh...old fans. Sorry, but there's no smoothing things over with a reserved onscreen demeanor and a few well-timed, self-serving compliments and editorials singing the praises of AT. After this tournament, it'll be the real Ken Jennings again. Believe it.

Trebek, on the other hand, has always been a class act, onscreen and off. That's because he respects the Jeopardy brand. And that's probably why, though AT threw out a few names for a replacement, Jennings wasn't among them. (Also, I think TPTB are wisely looking beyond past Jeopardy contestants, anyway).

I admire Jennings as one of the most unbelievably knowledgeable and one of the best contestants I've ever followed on this show. But a Jeopardy host?

Not gonna happen; wouldn't be prudent. 😉

Jennings seems to be a little fake to me, like someone who humble brags

Honored Contributor

Even though James is my guy, Ken Jennings just blows my mind.  Well, they all do but some of the answers from last night's episode (which I would not know in a million years!) were way way impressive.

I like that they are three wholly different guys who are all very smart and learned.    I give them all major kudos.

Honored Contributor

I think Mike Rowe would make a great fill-in host if Alex has to take sick leave.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.