Respected Contributor

Re: Jeopardy GOAT (Greatest of all Time) Championship (1/7/20)

@MamaWick wrote:

Granddi.... that's a great idea.

So the first to win 3 matches wins the championship.  I guess that means Ken won it all.  The 2 games last night equaled 1 match.  It is only on 3 nights.  James and Brad cannot win 3 matches now.

Yes, that's what I was thinking.  It's on for three days so it would seem the same person wins all three days and it's over.  But I can't believe ABC would basically tell you who won on the first night.  Pretty anticlimactic lol

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

Granddi.... that's a great idea.

So the first to win 3 matches wins the championship.  I guess that means Ken won it all.  The 2 games last night equaled 1 match.  It is only on 3 nights.  James and Brad cannot win 3 matches now.

Yes, that's what I was thinking.  It's on for three days so it would seem the same person wins all three days and it's over.  But I can't believe ABC would basically tell you who won on the first night.  Pretty anticlimactic lol

No that is not correct from what i have read and heard.  You are just seeing what is "scheduled".  ABC says they are prepared to go thru January 16 if needed.  I would however love to see Ken smash for the win in three straight matches!  And i think he would make a great host.  

Honored Contributor

I set my DVR up to copy it but it didn't.  Every now and then it misses a show.

So frustrating.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.  I made sure this time all Jeopardy will be copied.  I don't want to miss it again.

I used to watch Jeopardy when my husband was alive.  He had an amazing memory.  He'd often get the answers right.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I would like to see a rule change for Jeopardy:

If you miss the question for the daily double, your opponents can ring in for the amount that you wagered. 

Oh wow, I just watched the episode this morning and was thinking the exact same thing!  That would certainly add another dimension to the contest.

Brad is the only one with whom I am totally unfamiliar.  I like Ken.  I like James.  I think I root for James.   He's fun and smart, and a team player. I like those qualities in a person.

I, too, am amazed at the knowledge of all three of these men.   I got less than 20 answers correct from the whole hour.  I missed one that I guessed on.   

Alex has always been amazing.  I also think that maybe this will be his going away party.  Everybody loves him.  How great is that!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie  yeah I didn't really think it would be as I described.  That wouldn't make much sense.  I guess they just listed three days because that would be the minimum, and will add them as needed. 

Trusted Contributor

Ken Jennings is still on the Game Show Network... he is on a show Best Ever Trivia Show....he is not on it daily.... but I enjoy when he appears......

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the scheduling info.  My guide only had Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday listed.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

My print version of TV Guide has Friday night listed as Game 4, if needed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oh man, my guide has  Tues (last night), Wed, Thurs, and next Tuesday (1/14).  ??

Yet, when I tried Googling the schedule it said it's a three night deal.