Honored Contributor

I watched Mehmet last night and didn't care for the job he did.  It just felt awkward and uncomfortable.  I won't be watching the rest of his tenure. 

I thought Katie brought something new to the show - a lightness, a departure from dead seriousness - but since she's not in the running for permanent host, I would still vote for Ken.

Honored Contributor

Thought he was fab. I thought KC treated the contestants as if they were children.

I have never watched Dr. Oz but really was just plain good.

Super Contributor

Re: Jeopardy - Dr. Oz

[ Edited ]

As a huge Jeopardy fan for years, I think all of the guest hosts have done okay.  I think Ken Jennings and Mike Richards have done the best.  Katie is just not overall genuine and it shows.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Mayim Bialik does as she's a wealth of information.  I would love to see Levar Burton given an opportunity as I think he'd be great.  

Honored Contributor

I think the interviews are fluff and used as "fill-ins". I'd like to see them eliminated.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched Jeopardy last night and thought that Dr. Oz did a good job. He wasn't difficult to understand. 

I didn't watch when Katie Couric was on, but I've seen interviews by her before, and she seems fake. I doubt that I would liked her on Jeopardy, as she would act the same way. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler  I don't get the impression that Dr. Oz wants the Jeopardy host job. In fact, I didn't think that any of these celebrity hosts were auditioning for the job.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy - Dr. Oz

[ Edited ]

I just thought Dr. Oz was an odd choice overall.....Never cared for the guy...

Mike Richards is too "fake" to me, not much rapport with contestants.... 

And dont even get me started on Katie....UGGGHHH!!!!  She was condescending and wanted to be "the star" rather than the contestants....I think Katie did it to stay in the limelight with her book coming out this summer or fall...

As an NFL fan, another odd choice, Aaron Rodgers, I dont think Jeopardy will be his gig, he has many years of football left in him.....but it should be fun.....(seems more like a ratings grab).....

And biased news reporters as hosts....doesnt seem like a good idea either....

To me, Ken Jennings seems like the best choice, but he really doesnt want the job long term......

John Michael Higgins might be an interesting host, he does the show America Says and he is very personable....Or perhaps Alfonso Ribeiro that does Catch 21...or Brooke Burns.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

These big name guest hosts are not really trying out for the job.  This is basically stunt casting.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 

Me too.  I hate that part of the show.  Silly stories and a waste of time.  I always mute that part or go do something else.  

Honored Contributor

People are so picky.  No one is going to replace  the former host.  I have peeked in on the filli in hosts and thought they all did a great job!  I thought Dr Oz was fine.  I doubt he would want the job...he is a surgeon and has a TV show.  I thought  Katie did a good job too....but seriously doubt she would want it full time..