Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Their website has them listed. @proudlyfromNJ  is correct. It should be Aaron Rogers followed by Anderson Cooper.

I liked Dr. Oz. I thought he had more animation in his voice than Katie Couric.

@Etoile308  He was better than Katie but I didn't care for him that much, although I've only watched him once. So far I like Ken Jennings the best.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I turned him off after I found him not to enunciate well, which was right off the bat! So actually I didn't watch the interview part. You would think that would be his best part of the show, as he does interviews all the time on TV. Hmmmm....

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ I only watched Katie Couric one time and not the whole show. I think it is was the giggling or the "let's have fun," which by themselves is not big deal, but didn't seem as professional to me.

Ken is also my favorite, but I'm not sure he wants to do it. Seems like I heard him say, or he was quoted, that he didn't want to be tied down for many years to do the same thing. Perhaps he enjoys projects that have shorter contracts in order for him to move on to other things.

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Their website has them listed. @proudlyfromNJ  is correct. It should be Aaron Rogers followed by Anderson Cooper.

I liked Dr. Oz. I thought he had more animation in his voice than Katie Couric.

@Etoile308 

I agree 100 percent.I also didn't

like it when she plugged her radio

show when the correct answer

happened to be the station that

her show is on or that her daughter

wrote for a particular TV show when

that show happend to be the correct

answer.

----------------------------------

All of my children have paws   =^..^=

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ I only watched Katie Couric one time and not the whole show. I think it is was the giggling or the "let's have fun," which by themselves is not big deal, but didn't seem as professional to me.

Ken is also my favorite, but I'm not sure he wants to do it. Seems like I heard him say, or he was quoted, that he didn't want to be tied down for many years to do the same thing. Perhaps he enjoys projects that have shorter contracts in order for him to move on to other things.

@World Traveler  It's funny because I think a number of them would not do it permanently. I think Katie doesn't want it and Ken from what you said, Aaron plays football so unless he retires I can't see him taking it. Don't know about the rest of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch Jeopardy with Dr. Oz, but Twitter wants people to boycott the show because of him hosting. It seems that people don't think he's reliable as a doctor and gives out fake information.

I never paid attention to Dr. Oz, so I can't say if he's trustworthy. But many don't think very highly of him, although he does have his followers. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw I heard and read about that, but one doesn't really have anything to do with the other, and I wish those who are boycotting his appearance would understand that.

I prefer to judge him on the merits of how well (or not) he did the "job" on Jeopardy, not what he may do/say in another area of his life. 

If you get a chance to watch one of his Jeopardy nights, let me know what you think. I may be the only one who thinks he wasn't enunciating that well, which I think is very, very important for hosting Jeopardy.

Respected Contributor

I don't think most of them are guest hosting as an audition for a permanent position. This could become a very long term commitment. I think many see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to host an iconic show that's been a staple in many people's life.

I wonder if they eventually want to keep it "in family" and use someone known and familiar, like having Jimmy from the Clues Crew as guest host.

Esteemed Contributor
Oz lives in my town. A flake!
Esteemed Contributor

Instead of famous people , maybe they should  look at  people who are professors or  unknown TV personalities or  go in the oppositive direction  like  strong actors similiar to Charlize Theron, Sean Connery , Pierce Brosnan , Dwayne Johnson " The Rock ", Guy Pearce  ,  Michael Fasbender