Reply
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 135
Registered: ‎07-21-2018

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,072
Registered: ‎05-22-2010

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

@Etoile308 


@Etoile308 wrote:

Can someone please quote a source where Alex Trebek said he wanted Ken Jennings as the permanent host? Several posters have said it and this goes against what I've read in the past. 

I understand using him as the initial guest host for the sake of some familiarity. And he seems to have been greatly coached on displaying a more relatable/likable personality. I've seen enough of him to last a lifetime. But I was never a fan of winners going beyond five wins.


I thought Ken J. was not interested in the job, but I cannot give you a quote on that.  I did read that Aaron Rogers and L. Burton were campaigning for the job but who knows if what we read is true lol.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,334
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far


@novamc wrote:

Anyone who does a simple online search for the definition of "narrow mindedness" can see much of that  confined, limited  mindset at work here.

 

Now  it appears that thinking aimed only  down a straight ideological path has been applied to evaluating a TV game show host or two or three.

 

That's  something maybe we, who live in a  diverse world that requires tolerance and freedom of opinions, should consider and try not to do with our own thinking??

 

I can like and listen to many people who disagree with me.  I don't care what they think as long as they do their jobs, and that includes hosting a game show, starring in a movie,  playing on a pro sports team, or whatever.

 


 

@novamc 

 

Great post, and spot on.    I find it rather sad that people actually seem threatened by the possibility that they might inadvertently hear a viewpoint that does not match theirs exactly. 

 

What ever happened to honest analysis and critical thinking?   How did people get so brainwashed?  Or were they raised that way?   Boggles the mind ...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,334
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Some of those guest hosts are transmitting secret subliminal messages.

 

Play the show backwards,  slow it down, note every third word and then decode.  The agenda messaging is quite obvious. 


 

@Johnnyeager 

 

Ha ha ha ha ha ..... you DO realize that some people will actually believe you ... right?  

 

Thanks for the chuckle.   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,425
Registered: ‎07-02-2015

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

@Johnnyeager 

 

You wrote:

 

<<Some of those guest hosts are transmitting secret subliminal messages.

 

Play the show backwards,  slow it down, note every third word and then decode.  The agenda messaging is quite obvious. >>

 

Who, or what type of TV game show viewer, has the time or desire to perform the bizarre exercise that you describe above?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 826
Registered: ‎04-25-2020

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

@Johnnyeager    LOL    A la playing Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles backwards.....🍓💿🎶

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,909
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@novamc wrote:

Anyone who does a simple online search for the definition of "narrow mindedness" can see much of that  confined, limited  mindset at work here.

 

Now  it appears that thinking aimed only  down a straight ideological path has been applied to evaluating a TV game show host or two or three.

 

That's  something maybe we, who live in a  diverse world that requires tolerance and freedom of opinions, should consider and try not to do with our own thinking??

 

I can like and listen to many people who disagree with me.  I don't care what they think as long as they do their jobs, and that includes hosting a game show, starring in a movie,  playing on a pro sports team, or whatever.

 


 

@novamc 

 

Great post, and spot on.    I find it rather sad that people actually seem threatened by the possibility that they might inadvertently hear a viewpoint that does not match theirs exactly. 

 

What ever happened to honest analysis and critical thinking?   How did people get so brainwashed?  Or were they raised that way?   Boggles the mind ...


@Tinkrbl44 i don't appreciate you implying myself or others weren't raised right because we might not agree your point of view. I think maybe your the one that is threatened by other viewpoints  and hearing both sides if they aren't yours .  You are not a very tolerant person,  so I'm done with this whole topic as it isn't worth my time ,  better things to do tonight.     You have a great evening 😺
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,334
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far


@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@novamc wrote:

Anyone who does a simple online search for the definition of "narrow mindedness" can see much of that  confined, limited  mindset at work here.

 

Now  it appears that thinking aimed only  down a straight ideological path has been applied to evaluating a TV game show host or two or three.

 

That's  something maybe we, who live in a  diverse world that requires tolerance and freedom of opinions, should consider and try not to do with our own thinking??

 

I can like and listen to many people who disagree with me.  I don't care what they think as long as they do their jobs, and that includes hosting a game show, starring in a movie,  playing on a pro sports team, or whatever.

 


 

@novamc 

 

Great post, and spot on.    I find it rather sad that people actually seem threatened by the possibility that they might inadvertently hear a viewpoint that does not match theirs exactly. 

 

What ever happened to honest analysis and critical thinking?   How did people get so brainwashed?  Or were they raised that way?   Boggles the mind ...


@Tinkrbl44 i don't appreciate you implying myself or others weren't raised right because we might not agree your point of view. I think maybe your the one that is threatened by other viewpoints  and hearing both sides if they aren't yours .  You are not a very tolerant person,  so I'm done with this whole topic as it isn't worth my time ,  better things to do tonight.     You have a great evening 😺

 

 

@Kitty Galore 

 

Uh ... I think you confused my posts with someone else's comments.   Your comments don't make sense.

 

Nevertheless, someone upthread said they wouldn't watch AC because "he might say something".   How idiotic! 

 

 First of all, it's a GAME SHOW.  The host supplies only questions and answers.   Secondly, all recorded shows (not airing live) are EDITED for time and content.   Third, just because AC works for a particular network DOES NOT mean we automatically know his personal philosophies on ... anything.   Fourth, don't people know what a journalist actually does?    I guess not.

 

IMO, when people are afraid to even hear other opinions, it means there's something seriously wrong there.   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,334
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far


@deepwaterdotter wrote:  @Kitty Galore 

@Kitty Galore Why not someone from Fox News?  or MSNBC?  Did anyone from those networks show an interest in guest-hosting Jeopardy?  


 

 

@deepwaterdotter 

 

I'm just speculating here, but Alex Trebek was known to be intelligent, kind and had integrity.   The Jeopardy producers wouldn't consider your suggestion because those people don't have any of those qualities.   But, that's JMO.