Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

The best guest hosts so far have been Ken Jennings and Aaron Rodgers. Dr Oz was okay, I didn't watch Anderson Cooper because I can't stand him same with Katie Couric. The only ones I'm looking forward to are Mayim Bialik, Buzzy Cohen and LeVar Burton. I don't care for any of the others. I hope that either Aaron Rodgers or Ken Jennings will be the permanent host.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read an article stating that Ken Jennings had the highest ratings.  Anderson Cooper had the lowest ratings and it was felt that those ratings were caused by what was going on in the news.  The article stated surprise that AC was actually lower than Dr. Oz.  

I believe that the only reason there are different hosts every two weeks is just to keep the show going and to keep people tuning in as the season plays out.  Ken Jennings was Alex's pick so he probably will get the job and may have already been promised it.  I doubt that Mike Richards wants to give up his good job as executive producer.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

I thought Ken Jennings was horrible-I felt like I was watching a robot host the show.  Enjoyed Aaron Rodgers and Anderson Cooper, but they both have other veru lucratiive jobs.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can someone please quote a source where Alex Trebek said he wanted Ken Jennings as the permanent host? Several posters have said it and this goes against what I've read in the past. 

I understand using him as the initial guest host for the sake of some familiarity. And he seems to have been greatly coached on displaying a more relatable/likable personality. I've seen enough of him to last a lifetime. But I was never a fan of winners going beyond five wins.

Honored Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

I thought Ken Jennings was horrible-I felt like I was watching a robot host the show.  Enjoyed Aaron Rodgers and Anderson Cooper, but they both have other veru lucratiive jobs.  

@IslanderGirl62  

I don't understand why some people are assuming that all the "guest hosts" are competing for the job.  Some are doing it for the fun and, as you say, already have really good jobs.     The remark about AC "might say something" was just beyond stupid.  Good grief.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone who does a simple online search for the definition of "narrow mindedness" can see much of that  confined, limited  mindset at work here.

Now  it appears that thinking aimed only  down a straight ideological path has been applied to evaluating a TV game show host or two or three.

That's  something maybe we, who live in a  diverse world that requires tolerance and freedom of opinions, should consider and try not to do with our own thinking??

I can like and listen to many people who disagree with me.  I don't care what they think as long as they do their jobs, and that includes hosting a game show, starring in a movie,  playing on a pro sports team, or whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of those guest hosts are transmitting secret subliminal messages.

Play the show backwards,  slow it down, note every third word and then decode.  The agenda messaging is quite obvious. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

for me for me it IS the CNN factor,  I wouldn't trust his partisan views not to creep in.   Besides I find him creepy ,  his eyes just creep me out !!  Much better choices to fill the Great Alex Trebeck's shoes  IMO he isn't even close !!   I would just stop watching 😠  

@Kitty Galore   I guess you don't like Aaron Rodgers either.  

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

for me for me it IS the CNN factor,  I wouldn't trust his partisan views not to creep in.   Besides I find him creepy ,  his eyes just creep me out !!  Much better choices to fill the Great Alex Trebeck's shoes  IMO he isn't even close !!   I would just stop watching 😠  

@Kitty Galore   I guess you don't like Aaron Rodgers either.  

@proudlyfromNJ Nope no problem with A. Rodgers eyes !  My brother has tbe same eyes !

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@teganslaw wrote:

In my case it's correct that I don't care about Anderson Cooper because of the CNN factor. That's why I had no interest in seeing him on Jeopardy.

So, were his ratings high or low? We don't  know which to believe; another reason many media sites can't be trusted. 

@teganslaw 

The CNN factor?   Seriously?    WOW. 

@Tinkrbl44  OK let me ask this ......how would you feel about someone from Fox News hosting ?  i think we both know the answer to that 🤔

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore Why not someone from Fox News?  or MSNBC?  Did anyone from those networks show an interest in guest-hosting Jeopardy?