Honored Contributor

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

@FranandZoe wrote:

I can't imagine why people haven't liked Anderson Cooper - I thought he was perfection.  Maybe the CNN factor.  I liked Katie Couric too - so upbeat and would love to see a woman host.

that being said though I really don't watch Jeopardy for the host.

And I don't think any of these guest hosts will be the permanent host.  

@FranandZoe   I thought Anderson Cooper was the best host so far.  I thought he was great but can't imagine him having time to do the job.  I read that his ratings were very high.  I think those that didn't like him didn't like him in the first place because of CNN.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

In my case it's correct that I don't care about Anderson Cooper because of the CNN factor. That's why I had no interest in seeing him on Jeopardy.

So, were his ratings high or low? We don't  know which to believe; another reason many media sites can't be trusted. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I read the ratings about Anderso on "The Wrap" and "Yahoo.com"......  Just google Jeopardy host ratings and tons will come up..... Fox, of course, rated him the lowest too.... LOL  HTH

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Okay, I just turned on my iphone and up popped this big story about the new hosts by... The New York Times... The reporter's name is Amanda Hess.... It's a long article, but worth reading for anyone really interested.;...... HTH

Esteemed Contributor

for me for me it IS the CNN factor,  I wouldn't trust his partisan views not to creep in.   Besides I find him creepy ,  his eyes just creep me out !!  Much better choices to fill the Great Alex Trebeck's shoes  IMO he isn't even close !!   I would just stop watching 😠  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think that the majority of the guest hosts are doing this to land a permanent gig, especially the journalists. 

I think they are doing it for the unique opportunity,  to have fun and to honor Alec.  I would probably take a shot at it, were I asked.

Honored Contributor

Aaron

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Aaron Rodgers and Mike Richards were the best by far. Ken Jennings was just okay. The rest have done a poor job, especially Cooper and Couric. 

Honored Contributor

Here in Wisconsin, Mr. Rodger's political views are fairly well known.  If some of the Jeopardy viewers were also familiar, I wonder if they would still be supportive of his chances at being the new host. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

for me for me it IS the CNN factor,  I wouldn't trust his partisan views not to creep in.   Besides I find him creepy ,  his eyes just creep me out !!  Much better choices to fill the Great Alex Trebeck's shoes  IMO he isn't even close !!   I would just stop watching 😠  

@Kitty Galore   Are you talking about Anderson Cooper???  What's wrong with his eyes??