Trusted Contributor

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

@Janey2 I had stated in a previous post that not every guest host wants the job of hosting jeopardy.  They are simply filling in as a guest host.  The only two that I had read that actually want the hosting gig is Ken Jennings and Aaron Rodgers. I haven't read where any of the others want it permanently.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Whoever was the guest host tonight, 5/6, is the best guest host thy have had so far. I recognize him but I don't know his name. He has just the right Je ne sais quoi for the job.

@Mindy D   That's Bill Whittaker from 60 Minutes.  Funny - but I'm not fond of him on Jeopardy... I don't know why Anderson Cooper rated lowest... I really liked him.... I don't think he was the best, but I certainly wouldn't call him the worst, so far.... I also liked Ken Jennings, but Bill Whittaker, so far, has no personality for this show.... He's a news reporter and great on 60 Minutes..... JMO

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

Whoever was the guest host tonight, 5/6, is the best guest host thy have had so far. I recognize him but I don't know his name. He has just the right Je ne sais quoi for the job.

@Mindy D   That's Bill Whittaker from 60 Minutes.  Funny - but I'm not fond of him on Jeopardy... I don't know why Anderson Cooper rated lowest... I really liked him.... I don't think he was the best, but I certainly wouldn't call him the worst, so far.... I also liked Ken Jennings, but Bill Whittaker, so far, has no personality for this show.... He's a news reporter and great on 60 Minutes..... JMO

@sophiamarie 

Wow, I find that surprising.  I thought AC was quite good.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

Anderson Cooper was not good, neither was Katie Couric!  I think Aaron Rodgers was the best, but I don't believe he is quite ready to give up football, so I am not sure if he could handle two stressful jobs!!  

Ken Jennings was Trebek's pick, so I sort of feel like he might get the job.  Anyone but Cooper and Couric!  My humble opinion.  I am a Jeopardy fan of 29 years.  I doubt if I have missed 5 episodes in the 29 years!   Miss Alex!!

@123SuzyQ123  .... I could swear  that I heard/read that Ken Jennings got the job(?)

Honored Contributor

I could barely get thru two shows with Couric and stopped watching totally.  I taped them all though.

Curiosity got me and we watched Aaron Rodgers and I actually liked him.

I liked Richards the most, then Rodgers.  If Jennings got the job, I'd watch, but he's so b-o-r-i-n-g.

No one else though.  DH wouldn't care, he can always find something else on TV to watch.  lol

Trusted Contributor

I would like to see a Ben Bailey (Cash Cab) have an opportunity to host.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I think Jennings did the best out of all the guest hosts so far.  Whitaker was ok but didn't make me want to watch the show.

Valued Contributor

THey will try out others in the future.  I'm waiting for Buzzy Fowler as I suspect he will be the best.  He's a former champion.

Respected Contributor

@Houstonoilers wrote:

THey will try out others in the future.  I'm waiting for Buzzy Fowler as I suspect he will be the best.  He's a former champion.

His show air dates are May 17, 2021 - May 28, 2021

The complete guest host schedule can be found on the Jeopardy website.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I'm waiting to see Mayim Bialik and Levar Burton!

Esteemed Contributor

Aaron Rodgers - hope he gets the job!