Honored Contributor

Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

Whoever was the guest host tonight, 5/6, is the best guest host thy have had so far. I recognize him but I don't know his name. He has just the right Je ne sais quoi for the job.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeopardy. Best guest host so far

@Mindy D wrote:

Whoever was the guest host tonight, 5/6, is the best guest host thy have had so far. I recognize him but I don't know his name. He has just the right Je ne sais quoi for the job.

@Mindy D   That's Bill Whittaker from 60 Minutes.  Funny - but I'm not fond of him on Jeopardy... I don't know why Anderson Cooper rated lowest... I really liked him.... I don't think he was the best, but I certainly wouldn't call him the worst, so far.... I also liked Ken Jennings, but Bill Whittaker, so far, has no personality for this show.... He's a news reporter and great on 60 Minutes..... JMO

Respected Contributor

Bill Whittaker is  terrible. So bad I could not watch. He put me to sleep.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I only caught half the show, but he was self-assured and poised. I didn't see Jennings or the other front runners. 

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie @I'd be shocked if Anderson Cooper would take a full time job on Jeopardy with his other job taking up his time. He probably doesn't need the money, either. I'm surprised he didn't rate well though. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I thought the executive producer was by far the best guest host. I think the powers that be already know who the host will be. I don't think some these guests are really there to "try" out. But of course I am only guessing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  He was ok but just kind of blah. I got the feeling he just wasn't really excited to be there.

Respected Contributor

I liked Ken Jennings and Aaron Rogers the best. I thought Aaron Rogers had a calm/cool demeanor about him . I also like Anderson Cooper, i always like Anderson Cooper. 

Trusted Contributor

Anderson Cooper was not good, neither was Katie Couric!  I think Aaron Rodgers was the best, but I don't believe he is quite ready to give up football, so I am not sure if he could handle two stressful jobs!!  

Ken Jennings was Trebek's pick, so I sort of feel like he might get the job.  Anyone but Cooper and Couric!  My humble opinion.  I am a Jeopardy fan of 29 years.  I doubt if I have missed 5 episodes in the 29 years!   Miss Alex!!

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

I only caught half the show, but he was self-assured and poised. I didn't see Jennings or the other front runners. 

This seems like a contradiction so who are you comparing BW to?