Honored Contributor
Rhe best ever CD is Sam Cooke: The Man and His Music. All his hits are on there. It is pricey new but I've bought it several times used on Amazon (for me and gifts) very cheaply and they've all been fine. It is a really great CD.
Respected Contributor

I bought a Greatest Hits cd by Sam Cooke years ago. And it remains a favorite.  I just listened to one of his songs last night.

Honored Contributor
There is an excellent PBS doc on Cooke that can be found on YouTube in multiparts.

Anyway I think it was in that documentary that one of the people interviewed said (or maybe I read it somewhere) that Cooke wrote Change is Gonna Come after he heard Bob Dylan's Blowin' In The Wind and Cooke thought that was a song he should have written. So he wrote Change.
I remember Mavis Staples (who was interviewed a lot in that doc) saying she thought Cooke had a premonition of his own death because of how mournful the song is and because of some of the lyrics.
Honored Contributor

I just had Alexa play "You Send Me" by Sam Cook and added it to my playlist.  I'm so glad his name was brought up.  I'm going to listen to some more of his music.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor
Piece of trivia: I read that actor Stan Shaw (another handsome guy) who has been in several Murder She Wrote episodes, is Sam Cooke's cousin. Can't remember now where I read that, maybe on IMDb under Shaw.
Esteemed Contributor

great song

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau