Honored Contributor

Re: Jenna Bush Hager on Hoda and Jenna Show in the Mornings.

I find Jenna adorable.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Marieanne wrote:

Hoda  is probably tired by the time she does ” Hoda and Jenna”

since her morning show starts a few hours before H & J.

Sometimes Hoda sits with her head in her hand - Hoda has

a lot on her plate with family and work.

I really like Jenna and Savannah Guthrie - they have so much

more in common...they just click.

When Meridith Viera was on with Jenna several weeks ago

it was not enjoyable to watch, and I like both ladies - just 

not together.

I agree.  I did not care for her with Meredith.  Just seemed awkward.  I always enjoyed her with Hoda and KLG when she stood in for them.  She really didn't have a chance to meld with Hoda before Hoda went on family leave after he adoption.  

Trusted Contributor

Love Jenna.  I didn't like the show with Kathie Lee so would watch only when Jenna was filling in for her.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Jenna on this show a lot. I mostly watched when she filled in anyway, so I’m glad she’s on full time now. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO Natalie Morales is very awkward in any kind of hosting position like this.  It is not natural at all for her.   She took over for Billy Bush on Access and IMO was just awful.  She tried to make everything too serious.  Guests would come on and they'd be having fun and then she'd try to take it on a serious turn and turn the interviews into something that the guests were not planning on discussing with her.  They finally canned her from Access which is why she's back where she is.  Point being, I wouldn't judge the Hoda and Jenna show from just watching it with Natalie.

ETA:  I do enjoy Jenna and would mostly watch Hoda and Kathie Lee only when Jenna was filling in.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

This is such a funny thread!  Unprofessional?  Yep the good old straight news morning shows are long gone.  The Good Ole day’s are gone too.  Change has come.  HaHa.  By the time i get up it is chit chat time on all of my local channels.  I like Jenna.  She is young, charming and refreshing.  Her voice is different.  I like that.  Kathy Lee and Hoda i thought was a train wreck and not for me.  I still don’t like Hoda.  Hope they find something better to do with Jenna in time.  BTW about a week ago Jenna had Laura on with her.  Found the two of them delightful!

Thank you @Shawnie ! If a “non-professional” claimer lays out the criteria for professionalpregnantladywhosedaddywaspresidentandwhosewedherwildoatsasakidandnowwishestobecomeaquasientertainer/fontofwisdomontv etcetcetcetc, I’ll be willing to consider it.

Absent said criteria, “unprofessionallism” bears approximately the same meaning as “looks cheap”.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Jenna is a very sweet lady and she has the "girl next door persona" down to a science. I stopped watching when Kathy Lee left as I find Jenna a bit too sweet for my taste. I am sure that her name had everything to do with why she was hired.

I would've thought the exact opposite---no one would hire anyone with that last name.  (Her cousin got axed for giggling.)

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched that show in ages.

What I want to know is how Hoda's and KLG's old side kick (Sarah?) got a job hosting her own show (along with that guy who used to be with (blabbermouth) Ripa--his name escapes me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this show this morning at the dentist office.

Jenna was co-hosting with Carson Daly.

Only time I’ve ever seen it...and will probably be the last.

I don’t watch Single-Digit TV aka Trash TV. 

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

This is such a funny thread!  Unprofessional?  Yep the good old straight news morning shows are long gone.  The Good Ole day’s are gone too.  Change has come.  HaHa.  By the time i get up it is chit chat time on all of my local channels.  I like Jenna.  She is young, charming and refreshing.  Her voice is different.  I like that.  Kathy Lee and Hoda i thought was a train wreck and not for me.  I still don’t like Hoda.  Hope they find something better to do with Jenna in time.  BTW about a week ago Jenna had Laura on with her.  Found the two of them delightful!

Well, from this old times, maybe some females will grow up someday and contribute more than chit chat and giggling to the world.  It could happen couldn't it?  Well maybe not. . . Woman Frustrated