Honored Contributor

Re: Jenna Bush Hager on Hoda and Jenna Show in the Mornings.

I don't care for any of this multitude of women-centric shows.  It's simply everyone hee-hawing and talking over one another.  Stupid games.  Shopping.  Yack yack yack. 

I thought Hoda and KGL were the least offensive about this.  Now KGL is gone to bring the show back when it goes off the rails and Hoda apparently is so sleep deprived and wound up that she giggles, laugh, and is so tickled she can't speak most of the time.

What a mess these shows are. Are women really like that?

Super Contributor

I think she taps into the millennial crowd , she is younger and offers a different perspective.  She is kinda goofy . 

Respected Contributor

I just wish these people would stay home with thier kids while they are small, plus take care while they are pregnant. They just take life for like it's always going to be like this. She has the money. Now raise your children by yourself. Let them know who Mommy and Dad are. Daycare as soon as they are potty trained. That is just stupid. They need Mom. And she isn't all that young, she is taking a big change of having an unhealthy baby.

Respected Contributor

Hoda is on a maternity leave, she adopted a new baby , so watch and enjoy until she comes back. Then again maybe she will stay home for more than awhile. 

Honored Contributor

@GinzTonic wrote:

I think she taps into the millennial crowd , she is younger and offers a different perspective.  She is kinda goofy . 

I’m older than dirt, and Thank God, still “goofy”. Ageism kills.

Regular Contributor

Jenna is a delight. She was great filling in for either Hoda or KLG and now is doing a great job with Hoda out on maternity leave.........Should Hoda stay home permanently with her second daughter, or not because she is adopted? Jenna is having her third child, is in I believe her mid thirties and seems fine.

Back in the 50's when I was born my mom had to work at different times as my dad, a WW2 vet was very ill. She stayed home when circumstances permitted but my my your attitude is ...........

Honored Contributor

Jenna is a very sweet lady and she has the "girl next door persona" down to a science. I stopped watching when Kathy Lee left as I find Jenna a bit too sweet for my taste. I am sure that her name had everything to do with why she was hired.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only time I watch any kind of daytime TV is when I am at the nail salon...frankly I can do without any daytime TV since most of what I have seen is a waste of time...the only thing worth hearing/watching is the extended weather forecast.

Honored Contributor

I had to open this thread because sure as shoot there would be a snark about the reason why Jenna was hired.

She doesn't align with her family's party so that knocks that off the list right off the bat.

Her focus on women, education, children, and literacy, to start, impressed Bell who was the first to bring her in on a monthly basis.

If she wasn't doing a good job she wouldn't be there.

Not sure why Hoda and KLG earned their spots but again if they fit the show, they stay.

If not, they will be replaced.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@GinzTonic wrote:

What she is is UNPROFESSIONAL.