Honored Contributor

Re: Jeff Daniels to Star in TV Series of "The Looming Tower"

@Oznell@esmerelda@meem120@LyndaGee@tansy

We have been glued to the set watching this (HULU)

It costs $12/month for HULU. DH figures this is much less than going out to the movies. We opted for no commercials.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

That's great to know, thanks @LTT1!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Wow.  For years I've been hearing about "The Looming Tower",  Lawrence Wright's Pulitzer Prize-winning book about the origins of 9/11.  It's supposed to be the definitive study-- anyone with any foreign affairs pretensions is supposed to have it in their library.  I haven't read it, b/c I'm lazy, and in a way, the whole subject is so overwhelming...

Now they're making a TV series of it with Jeff Daniels as John O'Neill, the FBI guy who knew something was coming and kept tangling with the CIA over it.  I love Jeff Daniels--might just have to watch:

http://deadline.com/2017/03/the-looming-tower-jeff-daniels-star-hulus-911-drama-series-1202042611/

I love Jeff Daniels, too!!  Sounds great. Let us know if they ever give air dates! 

Honored Contributor

I worked and lived across the river from NYC and saw the horror as it occurred in front of me.  It is embedded in my mind and all the tears I shed after was painful.  I used to go to the Twin Towers often and never could I imagine anything so horrific happening there.  People are still dying from the polluted environment , all those who helped.

With that being said, I couldn't watch a show of a  person or persons who knew something and no one listened.  I will never forget that day and the days that followed .However, that is me, to all who will watch it, I'm sure it will be quality TV.  

Honored Contributor

@Judaline

Hope this helps. You can watch it now.

56AD0131-E570-48CE-88A1-747175857E40.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

I am loving this show because it so well portrays the dangers of not cooperating...and for me, this applies everywhere I look. 

We would have better home lives/classrooms/corporations if there were to be more cooperation.

At the top, the consequences of non-cooperation are HUGE.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like it's even better than I hoped it would be when i first heard of the project a year ago.  Love getting reviews from actual viewers-- thanks @LTT1!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

I knew so little of the details! It blows my mind!

Spoiler
And to think he (Daniels) then became the person in charge of security at the twin towers!

Frequent Contributor

I watched this on Hulu a couple of months ago.  It is fantastic! Jeff Daniels is wonderful. What an actor.  Sometimes this type of movie tends to be boring to me but not this one.

Acting by everyone is superb.  Of course the ending is awful. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1@Oznell@Judaline@tansy@meem120@LyndaGee@jenfridayGood news, all!  The renewed interest in this thread sent me to Netflix. 

It releases there (DVD) on September 18.

Keepin' it real.