Honored Contributor

Re: Jeff Bridges in The Old Man

I, too, wonder if Emily is not Chase's bio daughter.  If not, I'm sure he knows and that is part of the problem with Hamzad.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

The old man. Is getting a season 2. Yay.  

Respected Contributor

DH & I watched the first episode. The violence in it was necessary to set the stage I suppose.

We are wondering if it gets to a point with a little less 'slice & dice and violence' ?  and maybe more of the human side? There is enough of that lately in rl.Smiley Sad 

DH watched a movie long ago (vhs) with Jeff Bridges --BlownAway __?? or something like that . He enjoyed that .This show has good actors. I was looking forward to it, but will not if every scene is a senior citizen killing someone. I like a bit of humanity. I do like it going back and forth. That was what I enjoyed about the writing on 'This is Us' --of course there was not violence Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm almost through with episode four I think five are available. I started to watch this because Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest spoke about it on Live, I'm glad I listened, it's so good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  I love the movie Blown Away.  Tommy Jones was great and I believe Jeff Bridges Dad, the great Lloyd Bridges, was in it.

It has been a long time since I've seen it.

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone notice Jeff Bridges nephew, Jordon Bridges of Rizzoli and Isles) in The Old Man?  He plays Zachary I think.

Honored Contributor

The Old Man series has some episodes that I find difficult to follow. I guess that's b/c of the flashbacks and complicated story details which I get lost in. Overall, however, it's a good show.

Regular Contributor

Does anyone here know anything about the art that's displayed at the beginning of each episode?  It's different each time.  Does it have a significance to the episode?

Regular Contributor

I am really enjoying this show! Thank you all for the recommendation.

Regular Contributor

The last episode was quite an eye opener.  I wonder how much will be tied up by the end.