Honored Contributor

Re: Jeff Bridges in The Old Man

I don't know how Emily/Angela managed a job with Harper.    I thought maybe Harper knew her identity but maybe not.

Raymond is a real piece of work.  I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him and he seems to know Angela's real identity.

I also thought the actor (Bill Heck) who plays Chase as a young man was actually the RL son of Jeff Bridges but he is not-they did a great job casting him as the younger Chase.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

@TurnerGal  "they?"  If you are talking about the dogs , they were in the back seat of the Volvo when he got out.

ImDB says Amy Brenneman only in 2 episodes, so that would be episode #2 and #3.  If true, we won't see her again.  

I was surprised that the assistant director's own assistant, Angela, appears to be Emily!!! 

@MamaWick 

That would make my hunch of what's in the trunk make more sense if it were true. 

Spoiler
I was talking about AMy and it you watch the previews at the end of episode 2 she is alive and is with him as he travels.  Not sure for how long.
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting...now ImDB says Amy is in 3 episodes 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

They just announced there will be a Season 2!  

Super Contributor

DH and I didn't get into the show until episode 2 and I figured we'd be able to figure out what happened in episode 1 as the show goes on but we can't quite put it all together.  On demand has only episodes 2 and 3 and we dont have hulu. Can someone please explain the plot of this show and what happened in episode 1?

thanks!!

Valued Contributor

My hubby and I have watched all three episodes and love this show.  Love all of the actors in it too.   When each episode was over, we both looked at each other and said, "That's a ****** good show!" We especially love the twists and surprises.

Jeff Bridges is a great actor.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I don't know how Emily/Angela managed a job with Harper.    I thought maybe Harper knew her identity but maybe not.

Raymond is a real piece of work.  I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him and he seems to know Angela's real identity.

I also thought the actor (Bill Heck) who plays Chase as a young man was actually the RL son of Jeff Bridges but he is not-they did a great job casting him as the younger Chase.

@Cakers3 

I agree.  He has Bridges' speech patterns and mannerisms down pat.

Valued Contributor

LOVE this show! This is my favorite kind of show. So glad it was renewed.

Esteemed Contributor

I love Jeff Bridges and this series is very good...I'm so happy that it has been picked up for a 2nd season!

Just two of my favorite movies of his that come to mind as I post this are "The Mirror Has Two Faces" with Barbra Streisand and "Crazy Hearts" with Maggie Gyllenthaal.

He just seems to be so at ease with his acting and it just comes so naturally for him.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3 

I agree.  He has Bridges' speech patterns and mannerisms down pat.

@geezerette @Cakers3 ...Yes, I thought the same thing...The resemblance is so absolutely amazing!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~