Honored Contributor

Re: Jeff Bridges in The Old Man

[ Edited ]

Maybe somebody could put *SPOILERS* in the thread title if people are going to post spoilers.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Either that, or spoiler-tag any spoilers.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbuttIt that was directed at me, I'm sorry.  I'm not sure if it's actually a spoiler or not because I'm not sure if it was really true or not. 

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@chickenbuttIt that was directed at me, I'm sorry.  I'm not sure if it's actually a spoiler or not because I'm not sure if it was really true or not. 

No offense intended.  Smiley Happy   I just figured if somebody answered the question, hopefully, they would spoiler-tag it since so many of us haven't seen the first two eps yet.  

I apologize if it felt like an attack or something.   Sometimes I don't put my words together very well anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I am watching episode 2 right now. It is excellent! 

Jeff Bridges is doing a great job, alongside John Lithgow. It's been a while since I have seen Amy Brenneman. She is adding a lot of interest into the plot as well.

Whew, they almost had me at the traffic stop when they were checking for alcohol. I really do believe my heart rate sped up at least 10 bpm! Whew!!

Valued Contributor

I watched both episodes available. Wasn't impressed. Love the actors.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is really good. I just watched the 2 episodes. I think because they go back and forth in time, you need to watch closely. I think he is recalling memories of his daughter. I was surprised about this revelation. 

@aubnwa01  I don't think you did anything wrong. 

Respected Contributor

I watched episodes 1 and 2 last night.  It is dark and somewhat violent, but I liked it.  Jeff Bridges is excellent, as always.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have it recorded and plan to watch tonight. Glad to hear it's good!

Respected Contributor

I watched on Hulu today and you do have to pay attention. It is good, but different.  A little too violent for me at times.  Love the dogs.  I would like some that well behaved.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I just finished watching Episode 1. We both liked it, and my husband doesn't like much regular TV. He's more into the History Channel and auto shows and stuff like that. Saving Episode 2 for tomorrow night.