Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jeff Bridges in The Old Man

@MoJoV    Thank you.   I totally agree.  None of it is believable.   I have a suspicion this is intended.  My DH read the book years ago and said it was excellent.   He doesn't watch TV 

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I did not realize it was on FX so I can watch.  Thought I would have to wait until I had HULU again.

@avid shopper   HULU has it the next day-usually in the early morning .

We watch it that way with no commecials because we have the no-commercial HULU package.

Most of the shows we watch-we wait until the next day for HULU.  Some stations do not have it so if you have On Demand you can catch it there.

hth

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I don't like it.

They just showed Jeff Bridges slicing the face of a cop, then shooting 3 people.

Unfortunately, it's playing because my husband is watching it.

I don't care who is in it, not my cup of tea as I don't care for violence.

Respected Contributor

I read the book in two days - loved it.  After reading the book I watched the second epi of the series.  Too much changed from the book even that early in the series.  I don't care for it.

Read the book!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"The Old Man"" is also on Hulu...2 episodes available, watched 1, unimpressed!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it tonight and every couple minutes it was commercials. I think there was probably 30 minutes of the actual show. Very disappointing. This show is full of twists and turns. You can't drift off or you miss an important part.

Trusted Contributor

I watched the first two episodes and will try to catch the third tonight.  I am interested enough to keep watching it.

Honored Contributor

The last scene in E3...

Spoiler
If what is in the trunk of the car is what I think it is then that does make Dan Chase a monster imo. 
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The last scene in E3...

Spoiler
If what is in the trunk of the car is what I think it is then that does make Dan Chase a monster imo. 

I think I know who is in the trunk, but alive not dead. It would be for security/protection purposes that the trunk was used........just my guess. Eager to see the start of episode 4 to see if I am right.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The last scene in E3...

Spoiler

I think I know who is in the trunk, but alive not dead. It would be for security/protection purposes that the trunk was used........just my guess. Eager to see the start of episode 4 to see if I am right.

Yes they are still alive,  they show previews of the season after I think episode 2 and they were in other scenes.  I am liking the show.  Jeff Bridges looks very good,  very healthy.  I really like Amy. So I will be hanging around.