Trusted Contributor

Do not watch anything on CBS, NBC, or ABC.  Bunch of  junk channels!

Esteemed Contributor
  •  

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

We were watching Star Trek Discovery for a season and then it was yanked to Discovery after they thought we were hooked, and would have to join.    Seems like they are committing cable extortion.  

@Tinkrbl44

Paramount plus showed a season on your local network to gain viewers.  What you saw was edited for time and content.

The first season was good and the other seasons were even better. In the third season, the writers brought back the old Star Trek format of finishing a storyline in an episode. 

The price of your monthly movie ticket will be $4.99 on June 7.

Honored Contributor

I hope this whole streaming concept goes down in flames.  What a bunch of greedy people.  I notice on my "free" Amazon Prime channel that they are starting to charge for certian things.  

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Paramount+ had a sale back before their launch where you could get a full year for $29.99 and since I knew I'd be surbscribing for three months or more in the summer for the Big Brother live feeds, I spent the $30 to get the whole year of it. It's a pretty neat service. Lots of movies, lots of shows, live sporting events. By signing up when I did it's costing me an average of $2.50 per month which is very affordable.

Hi @gardenman !

I'm wondering why you'll be going with Paramount+ rather than streaming from CBS. Is it because there are lots of extras on Paramount you're interested in or is CBS not a good option for live feeds this year? 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

The best solution is to quit watching tv.  That's pretty much what we have done.  

@Sooner   More and more, I watchd DVDs, rather than TV, of great movies many from decades ago when acting was great

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeers to CBS

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

From TV GUIDE "Jeers to CBS for the bait and switch. With SEAL Team and Evil moving to the network's Paramount+ streaming service, folks will now have to pay to keep up with these two beloved shows. Maybe Season 2 of Evil should explore the demonic force that made CBS think this is OK". I like Evil but will not be paying for Paramount+. 

@Jordan2 @Paramount+ Was formerly free for DIRECTV subscribers and was called CBS All Acess. Suddenly, I have to pay, despite paying for Paramount programming with my DTV subscription. I can still watch the regular Paramount channel, just not the + channel. I was planning on catching up with Evil. Oh well.

Honored Contributor
Except for football and basketball I stream nearly all my viewing. I personally don’t know anyone under 50 who watches TV channels unless it’s sports.
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Our cable company quit us and switched to Dish only - which we had issues in the past.

Finally did Earthlink (Internet) with Sling   on the Amazon Firestick). Sling was another disaster, would crash several times a day (appoox $60 a month) and quit that.  For way less than $60 we bought HBO (getting HBOMAX free), Paramount+ and Discovery+. through Amazon Prime, along with some free apps, Tubi among others.

Was surprised to see CBS is included with PARA+ along with some other channels. Somewhere along the line got a "grid cannel guide" with tons of channels I'd never heard of.  Found ABC, CNN and other favorites.

Still looking for access to NBC, but as this is new to us, we're still learning.

Some drawbacks, but as we live in a neighborhood in FL with strict access to cable, this was the best we could do (No AT&T, Spectrum, etc.)

@denisemb @Are you able to watch ABC, CNN, Paramount+ including CBS, HBO and HBO MAX, Discovery+ for $60 with your Amazon Prime membership? 

Honored Contributor

My husband and I are TV junkies. We watch a lot. We have DirecTV with all channels except CINEMAX. We watch network prime time shows together on the TV and local news. I am enjoying using the Directv app, Amazon Prime app, YouTube app, cable news apps, PBS app, Local network channels apps, NBC app, CBS app, ABC app, ID Go, Discovery Life app, HBO Max app, and Netflix to stream content to my iPad Pro while my husband watches his golf, TCM and war movies on our TV. We can stay in the same room and simultaneously watch what we want. My iPad has a large screen and I use a FLIPPY stand to comfortably rest it on me while I watch. I can also cast shows to our TV. I cast from YouTube, DirecTV Max, Amazon Prime and Netflix. I love controlling the cast with my iPad. Makes casting so easy. I watch shows on demand after they have aired on my iPad using directv in the Networks section rather than Live TV section. I don't have a DVR as it doesn't not work with our internet subscription and our DirecTV box. To me, the iPad is like having a second high def TV. There's no squinting to watch on a small screen. 

Some of the apps I have not used in awhile, such as ID Go and Discovery Life, so I'm not certain if I can still watch them now that they are part of packages. Initially, I had to sign into them with my Directv credentials.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

Paramount+ had a sale back before their launch where you could get a full year for $29.99 and since I knew I'd be surbscribing for three months or more in the summer for the Big Brother live feeds, I spent the $30 to get the whole year of it. It's a pretty neat service. Lots of movies, lots of shows, live sporting events. By signing up when I did it's costing me an average of $2.50 per month which is very affordable.

Hi @gardenman !

I'm wondering why you'll be going with Paramount+ rather than streaming from CBS. Is it because there are lots of extras on Paramount you're interested in or is CBS not a good option for live feeds this year? 

@SusieQ_2 

CBS All Access is Paramount+ now. They've merged into one streaming service. The BB live feeds will be on Paramount+. I generally subscribe for about four months at $7 a month or $28 over the course of the BB season,  So, for $1.99 more I got a full year of Paramount+. It was a very good deal. CBS likes to sneak things in early and stretch things out late so you need four months of streaming to watch everything. This year the house tour and houseguest interviews should air around June 30th. The houseguests will move in on July 7th (or so) and the feeds will start later that night. The season should end in late September when Survivor kicks off, so I'd need to subscribe for June, July, August, and September to see everything. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!