Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

We rarely watch any shows, news, etc on the national networks....so not a problem for us, but some things on cable are moving to streaming and that is very irritating.

It is very apparent that the most popular shows are being moved to streaming. I enjoy cable programming but avoid getting my news from any of the cable networks. They are opinion based rather than fact based with way too many experts appearing on news shows. I just want facts, and it seems that the network news are more straightforward than cable although I watch with a critical eye. I also enjoy knowing what is heppening in my hometown and state. I still strongly believe local programming is vital to public interests.

Sorry to say I find the local and national news programming to be every bit as biased and opinion based as cable networks. In some cases, they're simply a bit (and I mean just a bit) more subtle about it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

I am so disappointed with this situation as many are. 

"SEAL Team" is one of my "must watch" shows .........................hoping I will be able to watch with On Demand as I do with "Younger" which made the same move last year.

I called Spectrum this week regarding this issue ~ not much of a response other than people want to use streaming.

I won't pay extra for a streaming service to watch on my phone!!  

@Irish1210

Paramount plus will play on many devices. The site has a list of compatible hardware. I use a tablet, phone, or TV. 

I read Seal Team costs a lot to Produce. This may have the only way to renew for another year. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Jeers to CBS

[ Edited ]

We like Paramount +. I like watching old series like Mission Impossible and other shows that I never watched when they were originally on. Like Twin Peaks, all of the Star Trek series and the original Hawaii Five O. Without annoying commercials. 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Every day I see tv shows being advertised as moving to some kind of streaming service or some such thing. All seem to be moving away from my cable network that I pay for. Now it's CBS? We are probably getting rid of cable and using something else.

CBS has had streaming programming for quite some time @proudlyfromNJ .  Not new.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@stevieb I agree with all you said.  My husband and I have no interest in devoting time to streaming.  And money.  Don't care that much about anything they have to offer.  

Let's see--what is that old thing we did?  Books?  Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman Discovery networks are still asking for only $4.99.  They do have shows I'd watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@On It wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Every day I see tv shows being advertised as moving to some kind of streaming service or some such thing. All seem to be moving away from my cable network that I pay for. Now it's CBS? We are probably getting rid of cable and using something else.

I fear cable TV is going to be a thing of the past. Once again all of our eggs are being put in one basket--the internet. This move is being driven by the younger ones who watch videos, television programming or whatever on their computer or device screens. I prefer a big old television screen that I can allows me to see detail. However, I noticed my cable company is charging $33+ dollars a month for local programming. I can get those free using an antenna. The people who need cable and satellite are in areas where antenna reception is not an option. I just hope they are serviced despite the rapid change to streaming.

@On It People stream programming to their smart tv's too.  I can't imagine my head down in a phone trying to watch a program.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jeers to CBS

[ Edited ]

We were watching Star Trek Discovery for a season and then it was yanked to Discovery+  after they thought we were hooked, and would have to join.   

Seems like they are committing cable extortion.   

Honored Contributor

OK.  So if cable goes away, there goes not only our tv, but network and phone.  Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

OK.  So if cable goes away, there goes not only our tv, but network and phone.  Woman Frustrated

You can buy phone service and internet without cable. You can even buy your own VOIP Xfinity approved modem from Amazon.