Honored Contributor

From TV GUIDE "Jeers to CBS for the bait and switch. With SEAL Team and Evil moving to the network's Paramount+ streaming service, folks will now have to pay to keep up with these two beloved shows. Maybe Season 2 of Evil should explore the demonic force that made CBS think this is OK". I like Evil but will not be paying for Paramount+. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't give a nickle for any of CBS at this stage of the game.  

Trusted Contributor

Me either!

Honored Contributor

Every day I see tv shows being advertised as moving to some kind of streaming service or some such thing. All seem to be moving away from my cable network that I pay for. Now it's CBS? We are probably getting rid of cable and using something else.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  I love love SEAL Team. The next season will be on CBS and going to Paramount after that. I won't be subscribing but I'm sure I can find updates online.

I've been saving recent episodes on DVR and plan to save all the rest.

I hate that this is happening. i need to find out if Sonny will relocate to Texas and be involved in his baby's life, will Lisa find a slot there? I want to see Ray and Naima mend their marriage, will Jason stay a SEAL, and want to follow Clay and Stella.

But I won't pay to do this, will check online. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Jeers to CBS

[ Edited ]

Our cable company quit us and switched to Dish only - which we had issues in the past.

Finally did Earthlink (Internet) with Sling   on the Amazon Firestick). Sling was another disaster, would crash several times a day (appoox $60 a month) and quit that.  For way less than $60 we bought HBO (getting HBOMAX free), Paramount+ and Discovery+. through Amazon Prime, along with some free apps, Tubi among others.

Was surprised to see CBS is included with PARA+ along with some other channels. Somewhere along the line got a "grid cannel guide" with tons of channels I'd never heard of.  Found ABC, CNN and other favorites.

Still looking for access to NBC, but as this is new to us, we're still learning.

Some drawbacks, but as we live in a neighborhood in FL with strict access to cable, this was the best we could do (No AT&T, Spectrum, etc.)

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Jordan2  I love love SEAL Team. The next season will be on CBS and going to Paramount after that. I won't be subscribing but I'm sure I can find updates online.

I've been saving recent episodes on DVR and plan to save all the rest.

I hate that this is happening. i need to find out if Sonny will relocate to Texas and be involved in his baby's life, will Lisa find a slot there? I want to see Ray and Naima mend their marriage, will Jason stay a SEAL, and want to follow Clay and Stella.

But I won't pay to do this, will check online. 

@Love my grandkids 

I am a Star Wars fan. I wanted to understand the story behind the clone wars. I was able to learn a lot on YouTube. You should find a channel. 

Paramount plus just changed its pricing. They should have a sale. This service is not Disney+.

CNET has a deals page with notifications. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this post.  I had heard that some cable channels were going to split their programming into lower level and premium level options, like Discovery +, but like many others, I consider my cable TV bill too high for what I am getting as it is.  Once my contract runs out, I will be using rabbit ears for my TV needs.  I am done with all of these money grabs.  I will read hard copy books for my entertainment, too. 

I think I heard that Amazon is involved in renewing Westworld, and I think that is shameful as well. The reason I paid for HBO upon renewal of my cable TV contract was so I could watch Westworld, so this trend is disturbing to me.  Will I be able to watch Westworld, or will I need an Amazon Prime account, or something similar, like a new premium HBO channel? I am not okay with this.

Honored Contributor

Paramount+ had a sale back before their launch where you could get a full year for $29.99 and since I knew I'd be surbscribing for three months or more in the summer for the Big Brother live feeds, I spent the $30 to get the whole year of it. It's a pretty neat service. Lots of movies, lots of shows, live sporting events. By signing up when I did it's costing me an average of $2.50 per month which is very affordable.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Every day I see tv shows being advertised as moving to some kind of streaming service or some such thing. All seem to be moving away from my cable network that I pay for. Now it's CBS? We are probably getting rid of cable and using something else.

I fear cable TV is going to be a thing of the past. Once again all of our eggs are being put in one basket--the internet. This move is being driven by the younger ones who watch videos, television programming or whatever on their computer or device screens. I prefer a big old television screen that I can allows me to see detail. However, I noticed my cable company is charging $33+ dollars a month for local programming. I can get those free using an antenna. The people who need cable and satellite are in areas where antenna reception is not an option. I just hope they are serviced despite the rapid change to streaming.