Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jean Smart is getting around lately

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Many years ago, I had a neighbor that worked with her.  He said she was very nice, funny and kind.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Many years ago, I had a neighbor that worked with her.  He said she was very nice, funny and kind.

@Tinkrbl44  That's so good to hear that in real life she is as nice as I thought she was as actors/actresses aren't always .   I   Loved her in Designing Women , still watch the re runs  now and then  .  Also in Fargo ,  although  a much different character on there.    She's great as the mother on Mare of Eastman as well.

Contributor

Jean Smart was the focus of my all-time favorite DESIGNING WOMEN moment, in which Charlene went off on a tangent about actress Ann Blyth.

https://youtu.be/5L72YeEPldE 

She appeared in a Broadway revival of THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER, which aired on PBS.  Would love to see that again.

I don't think she ever received the credit she deserved for her work on DW, so it always makes me happy when she pops up in something new, and when she receives accolades for her work.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  That's so good to hear that in real life she is as nice as I thought she was as actors/actresses aren't always .   I   Loved her in Designing Women , still watch the re runs  now and then  .  Also in Fargo ,  although  a much different character on there.    She's great as the mother on Mare of Eastman as well.

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Correction ...Mare of Eastown🙄

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

Where are you finding Designing Women these days?  I loved that show!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I watch "Designing Women" on Antenna TV on weeknights at 10pm ET.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   we get it on Fetv ....Family Ent TV.    I don't know what cable provider you have ,  it's on Spectrum.   I feel it was such a well done show and I just loved all the actresses,    but especially Julia and Charlene !   Suzanne was such a riot lol !!