Trusted Contributor

Re: Jean Smart is getting around lately

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Many years ago, I had a neighbor that worked with her.  He said she was very nice, funny and kind.

Not surprised. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Jean Smart was also in a few episodes of the show "24". She played the First Lady of President Logan, and was wonderful in that role. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

I also love her. She seems genuinely sweet and funny. When I was younger and skinnier than I am now, and had long blond hair. One day my niece and nephew from Mpls area were here (they were about 6 & 4), I went to see them and had my hair in a french braid. My nephew kept saying "It's the lady from the movie" over and over and was kind of shy to come near me. He was talking about Jean Smart in Homeward Bound. 

cookin

Honored Contributor

I read the article in People Magazine regarding Richard Gilliland death. One sentence stuck out. The article had a statement made about Jean Smart.

"She then asked another cast member, Delta Burke, to figure out if he was married."

Respected Contributor

Always good to see her, because she seems to be reliably great in every role.  I did get a kick out of her part on "Frasier":  All that yelling!  Sooo different from "Charlene."

Honored Contributor

One of my favorites too!

I LOVE Designing Women! I always found it interesting that "Charlene" was the only one of the four who was not actually FROM the South! It's amazing how many actual love stories/ marriages resulted from this show. Dixie and Hal were already married, but Delta and Jean both met their husbands on the show.

The first time I heard her speak in another setting I was shocked. I also saw her as the governor in Hawaii 5-0. 

And I was sad for her when Richard died. But I will always be able to watch Charlene and J.D. and their antics on my TV!   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I loved Jean Smart on Designing Women.  And just recently on reruns of The District with Craig T. Nelson, she played his ex-wife Sherry.  

Honored Contributor

Gee, I now remember Richard G.  He was very nice looking.

Wasn't aware he and Jean were husband and wife. 

RIP.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

Oh I liked him so much on Designing Women.  I didn't realize he and Jean Smart had married.  What a great couple!

Janet in Georgia
Honored Contributor

Never,ever cared for her.