Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane Powell-MGM Heavenly Star

A number of the stars pictured weren't under long term contract with MGM at the time but were there for a one time picture.

Most notably Jennifer Jones, in costume for "Madame Bovary", Ginger had recently finished "Barkleys of Broadway" and Errol Flynn who was filming "That Forsyte Woman."

Trusted Contributor

Not only beautiful,she sang like a angel.I remember seeing so many of her movies.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Johnnyeager for starting this post, as Jane Powell certainly deserves to be recognized. All these stars of yesteryear were of my parents ' generation. I grew up watching all these wonderful movies and hearing stories about the stars. It is sad to see this group leave us - what talented people. I love the 1949 stock photo - I believe Clark Gable is in second row, towards the middle and of course there's Lassie! I have a very large Sheltie that is often mistaken for Lassie! LoL! I seldom post anything, but had to chime in about Jane and Hollywood's Golden Age. Blessings.

Esteemed Contributor

On Saturday, October 16th, TCM will celebrate the life and career of iconic Hollywood Golden Age actress and our dear friend, Jane Powell: 12pm ET: Luxury Liner ('48) 2pm ET: Small Town Girl ('53) 4pm ET: Royal Wedding ('51) 6pm ET: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers ('54)

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  I sure don't see Jane Powell in that picture. I see Walter Pidgeon. And James CraigHeart

Esteemed Contributor

?  I don't understand. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

?  I don't understand. 

This picture. I don't see Jane Powell?

d8xrn8y-a4f964f4-bf96-4837-a7ce-89fd00d21b51.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Second row from the top.  Walter Pidgeon to her right.  Ginger Rogers to her left.  Same as in April 1949.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  I didn't see it, even tho you said as much in your post, but I guess it was the red hair that threw me. I recognize MANY of the other stars, especially the men, but NEVER would have known her. I also didn't know she was that small but most articles now are mentioning it.

So thanks!