Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda on The View Today

She looks fantastic because she didn't overdo her face.  She knew to keep some wrinkles.  And even with her hip replacement, she walks normally.  I'm sure she wasn't a sun worshipper either.  She used her money well.  Priscilla Presley should have used her doctor.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

Pearley, if she had NOT had work done, she would not have had all the good roles she's had the past 20+ years!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KLevineFan wrote:

Pearley, if she had NOT had work done, she would not have had all the good roles she's had the past 20+ years!

I don't necessarily agree with that. And neither of us can possibly know that for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I think she looks amazing but there is just something about her I find irritating.  Her speech pattern is condescending even when her comments are not. (if that makes any sense) To me, she comes off haughty.

@lulu2 - I know exactly what you mean. When she talks, she sounds like she's got an attitude. Maybe she does or maybe she doesn't, but that's how she sounds. 

I really think a part of that has to do with her voice and, as you put it, her speech pattern. She's always been that way, all the way back to her days when she was in "Barefoot in the Park," as well as "On Golden Pond," and even "9-5" where her character was comedic rather than dramatic. Her personality is dry, and it comes out when she speaks. 

I don't like her or dislike her, but I think she looks lovely for her age, or for any age. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I think she looks amazing but there is just something about her I find irritating.  Her speech pattern is condescending even when her comments are not. (if that makes any sense) To me, she comes off haughty.

@lulu2 - I know exactly what you mean. When she talks, she sounds like she's got an attitude. Maybe she does or maybe she doesn't, but that's how she sounds. 

I really think a part of that has to do with her voice and, as you put it, her speech pattern. She's always been that way, all the way back to her days when she was in "Barefoot in the Park," as well as "On Golden Pond," and even "9-5" where her character was comedic rather than dramatic. Her personality is dry, and it comes out when she speaks. 

I don't like her or dislike her, but I think she looks lovely for her age, or for any age. 

I didn't see the interview, but I never notice any "attitude" from her.  She appears to be very self deprecating, intelligent and gracious.  I've seen her on many interviews and don't find her in the least bit condescending.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@KLevineFan wrote:

I would disagree.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

I just binged watched Season 3 of Grace & Frankie. Love those two women...together they are a hoot!!

Honored Contributor

@sunala I agree that she always sounds like she has an attitude:  a self-righteous one.

Esteemed Contributor

Jane Fonda has looked fantastic over the years. However, just before she and Ms Tomlin came onstage, there was a little teaser piece featuring Ms Fonda. My first thought was that her procedures were finally showing. She had that everyone-in-Hollywood-looks-this-way-sooner-or-later appearance. She obviously works hard to maintain her appearance, but that up-close view for the split-second was jarring.

Esteemed Contributor

I know this isn't fair because it's such a close up, but still....

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett