Respected Contributor

I don't go to the movies, so I haven't a clue about any movie.

I just heard someone critique that movie as confusing, made no sense, terrible, etc.

I guess there will be many opinions!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis!

[ Edited ]

It's not about the actor and their past performances.  It's about the role they have been given and their performance in their nominated movie.  I haven't seen the entire movie yet, but Jamie Lee looked completely transformed into that character in the bits and pieces that I have seen.  Just as Brendan Fraser does not seem to be oscar worthy based on past performances, his transformation and acting in Whale seems remarkable.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what an actor's artwork has to do with whether she is good at her profession or deserves an award.  In this case, Curtis has an artwork, gifted to her by the artist 20 years ago, on her office wall.

But here's what the image is:

"The image itself was from photographer Betsey Schneider, in a series of images featuring her daughter Ella. One such image features her in a bin of water, which was hung up in Jamie Lee Curtis' home office. Clearly Curtis knew the origins behind the art, and has seemingly owned her copy for decades. "

From some of the reactions, I thought "What is it?  A picture of someone being murdered?  Decapitated?"  No - just a picture of a young child playing in an outdoor tub, taken by her mother.  People need to get a grip and stop making everything so perverted and dramatic.

I suppose now some will call the mother a perverted monster, too.  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

I know what you are referring to. Most of these people are complete sickos, and if people only knew how dark and sick they are they would never speak of them again. Just like Disney. Trouble is it's easier to walk around with blinders on.

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

I know what you are referring to. Most of these people are complete sickos, and if people only knew how dark and sick they are they would never speak of them again. Just like Disney. Trouble is it's easier to walk around with blinders on.

@KittySoftPaws 

???   Seriously?  Sources?  

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

It's hard to like her after she posted that very disturbing picture of her "art" on her dining room wall. But she did have the grace to remove it after the backlash on Instagram. I just wonder if she took it off her dining room room wall. I'm sure some people don't know what this is about, after all mainstream media hid the story. Only happened about a month ago. But there she is up on stage getting an award. Typical Hollywood.

@Nancy Drew 

I remember this .... mainstream media didn't "hide" the story.  No idea where you get your information but the story was on the internet in a few places that I noticed.  Photo of a young girl in a tub, taken by her mom.   Not exactly scandalous.

Having said that .... what the heck would her award for an excellent acting performance have to do with whatever people hang on their walls?    Makes no sense at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

It's hard to like her after she posted that very disturbing picture of her "art" on her dining room wall. But she did have the grace to remove it after the backlash on Instagram. I just wonder if she took it off her dining room room wall. I'm sure some people don't know what this is about, after all mainstream media hid the story. Only happened about a month ago. But there she is up on stage getting an award. Typical Hollywood.

It wasn't her dining room, it was her office.  I know this because I googled it.  It is not hidden by mainstream media.  

@RollTide2008 @It was her dining room clearly. The table and chairs are in the picture. But does that even matter? I don't want to see a picture like that ever, so why would it matter if she framed it and put it in her office? In the office wouldn't make it better IMO.

You lose credibility when you can't get the facts straight.  The photo shows what looks like a conference table in an office.  The chairs are on castors. It does not look like a dining table,  Nonetheless, I used my context clues to determine it is her office because the screen shot of the tweet I found on the Google clearly states the Pollack chairs from the movie set are in her office.  In fact, one of the articles has the headline "Internet confused after Jamie Lee Curtis posts, deletes pic showing artwork in her office".

Do you want to argue that it's really her dining room and mainstream media is hiding her office?

@RollTide2008 The ROOM is the takeaway? I could give 2 figs about the room. The disturbing picture she framed and put up is my issue. Noticed you didn't say anything about that, you probably like it also.

@Nancy Drew 

You feel a young girl playing in a tub of water is "disturbing"?   Are you really serious?  Woman Surprised  

Over the years my folks took pics of babies in bathwater or in little swimming pools in the backyard, often splashing up a storm.   They were innocent and funny  .... and pretty normal.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just the requisite bashing of the "Hollywood Crowd" that historically accompanies major award shows.

Some of them turn into Carrie's mother (sticking with the movie theme.)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why bother, you already have your mind made up. If you really want answers you can find them. There were many on YouTube until they were taken down. Now Bitchute is a place where you can find info if you chose to. Remeber Celine Dion and her dark and creepy kids clothing line? How about the 2 high end designers that were recently called out by many, including Kim Kardashian. It was in the news, for using young children in their fashion ads in explicit ways. Again, the info is there if you care to know. Most don't, so they simply react as you did.

Valued Contributor

So in what universe do you consider that kind of picture "normal"? I certainly don't, and I don't ever recall in my life seeing anyone else have anything remotly similiar on their walls or even in their photos. How about you? Take off the blinders.