Respected Contributor

Glenn Close is the actress that should be truly disappointed.  She has been nominated eight times for an Oscar and lost all eight times.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

Glenn Close is the actress that should be truly disappointed.  She has been nominated eight times for an Oscar and lost all eight times.

@lgfan Absolutely, and yet each time she smiles and claps for the winner!!! She has definitely been robbed of it a few times in my opinion! She should have won for The Wife and Fatal Attraction for sure!

Respected Contributor

Jamie Curtis's speech was heartwarming.  I am old enough to remember Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis.  They were both big stars especially Tony Curtis.  People still watch

"Some Like It Hot" today.  It stands the test of time. Both were nominated for Oscars, but never won.

Jamie's last line to them was heartwarming. "Mom and Dad we have an Oscar."

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I remember when Eddie Murphy lost to Alan Arkin for Little Miss Sunshine, he left the auditorium for a while. I think they feel like they are going to win, and everyone around them keeps telling them that, so when they don't it is such a huge disappointment, they are stunned.

I was also disappointed with Angela Bassett's attitude. I understane being upset, but show a little grace...She should have at least clapped and smiled......I love Angela, I think she is phenomenal, but that was not good...  

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I've always thought this must be a huge part of it .... people around them are saying "it's a sure thing!" and of course they want to hear that.  

It's never a sure thing until they call your name ....