Trusted Contributor
Her appearance is part of the character she plays in the film. She is a beautiful, strong and fit older woman. Us older women need more role models like her, proving that age doesn't have to equal rolls of blubber, nor does it equal having to kill yourself with hours of exercise.and calorie restriction.
How many posting here, could relax their belly and lose sight of their lap? Bet there's a bunch.
Honored Contributor

The sharks are out in force this weekend.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis

[ Edited ]

This is a fairly recent picture. Google shows that People Magazine published 2 days ago.  This is who people are criticizing here????  She absolutely oozes confidence.  We should all.....all.....look this good. 

504EE7DB-6309-40C3-93DC-09E18895DD0F.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 : I have two friends that retired last year. They  worked in department stores clothing departments and stated the average  size was now 16 to 18 and very hard to keep them in stock. They said when they started working the average size was 12. Another problem is the dress size and depends on where they are made.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis

[ Edited ]

In her real life, she would not be wearing a tight tucked in top.  She would dress with a looser garment to cover up her tummy area.

That picture is from the movie where she was required to wear that ugly shirt. I am sure she has nothing like that in her wardrobe.

i am a lot like Jamie.  In my youth, I had a killer body.  I couldn't go anywhere without hearing cat calls and comments about my butt or breasts. I have been grabbed and assulted many times. Now that I am older, I gained weight, and no longer have to put up with that nastiness. Every now and again, someone, always a man, will mention why I let myself go. I haven't...I am just older and my body changed.

The Bottom line is, it is my body and it is not a topic open for discussion.  It is all freeing to just be myself. 

i understand where Jamie is comming from.  Good for her!

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

Jamie had a beautiful body in her youth that she worked hard for. But, when it became more difficult to maintain, she began years ago, sharing she was going to accept what nature dealt her. She's been outspoken about this. It's not something new. 

I don't think showing her true self is just promoting the movie. I think it's simply a role that allowed her to be herself, while others have demanded otherwise.

Looks like not wrapping herself with supportive garments, or dieting and working out for months to prepare for a role will be freeing. I have to respect her for that. We all really should. Too much is expected of us as we age.  We're not show ponies. 

" what nature dealt her"?? I'm her age, weigh 20 pounds less than I did in college, keep fit and eat well. Getting older does not equal becoming overweight. Bad habits do.

@ellaphant  I believe Jamie is still in good shape for her age and that there is some exaggeration in her appearance for this movie. She has repeatedly voiced, though, that she won't allow the pressure of the business to dictate. It's her choice to find her comfort zone.  

I'm not defending Jamie because I'm unfit. I'm a senior and very physically fit, for my age, as you are. I have a strict regimen. It's a lot of work.

If I ate the way I do now, at say 20 to 55, I would have become far too thin. I maintained more muscle then and very athletic. My health wasn't challenged with Thyroid, and spinal issues then either. We all know that it becomes more difficult as we age. We can become metabolically challenged, with numerous causal factors. Some will remain vigilant as they age; some won't, or can't. 

As a retired RN, I wish for everyone to be health conscious, but statistics will show us that this is not happening. Also for multiple  reasons.

I try not to judge unless I see situations seriously out of control. I just don't want women to feel they need to hide because they are not ideal weight. The pressure is enormous.  

Honored Contributor

In the movie True Lies, love this movie, she had a fantastic body, dancing in front of Arnold S.

Respected Contributor

I think she is wearing clothes too tight for her and that's the reason why she looks like that.  plus a bad wig

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I'll be the odd one out and say I've never cared for her one bit. Sitting on my hands now.

I have never been a fan either @Love my grandkids .

Honored Contributor

I admire her for keeping it real.  

Would you rather she look like a plastic housewife clown?