Esteemed Contributor

I like her and I like her message.  There is so much phoniness today.  Everyone in "the biz" is wearing fake hair, fake eyelashes, fake breasts, fake butts.  She's the polar opposite of the Kardashians.  Desperately trying to hang on to lost youth is a waste of time.  There is no substitute for youth.  But I'm not criticizing anyone trying to look their best at any age.  Just don't go too far down the phoney trail.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

So after all her years making and collecting millions/trillions on her body, she is now going to stand up and say no more?  Why?  Cuz she has nothing to show now?

Esteemed Contributor

Geeze, what do you say to that? 🤷‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

I like Jamie Lee Curtis.  That said, my thoughts wouldn't be so cynical, if she did this "unveiling " long before she had a movie to promote.  

Esteemed Contributor

Seems more like publicity to me.

Lets see, pack on pounds, stop working your core, wear tight clothes and get a bad cut/wig.

In a way, she is mocking us.

Respected Contributor

Wouldn't be proud to look like that. Glad I don't!

Honored Contributor

I like Jamie. She decided that she didn't want to follow so many women in Hollywood botoxed, lip injections and procedures to eliminate fat, that they look like older Barbie dolls, even with all that work.

Anyway most of American women wear a size 14, so she is just going with the flow...🥰

Respected Contributor

@mspemberley wrote:

This is Jamie Lee on the cover of More magazine in 2002. She's been advocating for getting real about our bodies for a long time...I love her, too...

4EC295ED-EEC4-4D6D-9283-FE990CC9ACC9.jpeg

@mspemberley 

I love her too! 

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

She always keeps it 100; LOVE her.

True! 

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

She always keeps it 100; LOVE her.

I guess except for all the years she didn't. Why try to be acknowledged now for all her coming out and being authentic.

It just seems disengenuous or that she can't cover anything up anymore so wants to be known as the trailblazer for keeping it real. But so many have been talking about this, modeling this for years.

I guess I don't get the adulation for something that just seems wanting acolades and attention for something others have done for awhile.

She must have a good publicist.

Completely agree, @on the bay . She was a narcissist when she looked great, and she's a narcissist now that she looks awful. Either way it's all about her, deluding herself (and trying to delude potential movie-goers) into believing that she's always ahead of the pack.