Trusted Contributor

The world of "alternative facts" is alive and well it seems.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

s-l500.jpg

Valued Contributor

So now I ask you your proof that your belief is correct. Do you not want to see the possibility that there is another side to what you think is untrue? Just saying, "alternate truths" is a cop out and very naive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis!

[ Edited ]

An exuberant Jamie Lee admires her freshly engraved Oscar at the Governors Ball.

I love these photos!

Oscar tidbit:  winners will have their plaque engraved on site if they attend the Ball.  That's why Jamie Lee stayed up late!

Go Jamie Lee!

SEI_148067638-2761.jpgSEI_148067643-3958.jpg

8e2c81bb5bfd507701907c29b91791f0.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

After the SAG Awards it was no real surprise that Jamie Lee won.

The Actors Branch has the largest membership within the Academy and the SAGs have almost always accurately predicted the Oscar winners, especially in recent years. 

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes Very true, and if you look at who won the SAG Awards, the exact 4 won Oscars!!!!

Jamie Lee was just as deserving of her award as anyone else...I have not seen the movie, tried to watch it but it was very weird, will try again at some point, but all of them nominated were all deserving, but there can only be one winner!!! I am happy for Jamie Lee, but I would have also been happy for Angela Bassett ot any of the others that may have won.....They all worked hard and were very excited I am sure.   

Respected Contributor

In the world of art, the viewer's interpretation of a piece says more about them and their experiences than the piece of art itself. That's what art does, touches each person differently.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

I think of Jamie Lee Curtis as a fine comedic actress. She added a lot to "Trading Places" and "A Fish Called Wanda," and IMO she steals the show in "True Lies." 

I'm happy to see her get some recognition. 

I haven't seen this year's Best Picture winner but probably will eventually.

Honored Contributor

She has been wonderful in every movie I have seen her in.  Halloween, My Girl I and II, ect.........  Tickled pink for her.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis!

[ Edited ]

I see the brainwashing has worked. This is what they do, it starts with just a little bit here and there, and then when they feel people have deemed it "socially acceptable", it gets worse. See the story on Balenciaga that was in the news not long ago. Some celebs were outraged like Kim K. but many others, not so much. Not to mention what they are teaching our kids in grade school! Is it any wonder parents are outraged and home schooling? The decline of moral and ethical society is in full swing. 

Honored Contributor

While I think AB should have won, I did like what JLC wore and her acceptance speech was a lovely tribute.