Honored Contributor

Around the time she turned 70 I hardly thought she had aged at all.  But it is now starting to show some.   Still hard to think how old "Charlies Angels" are now. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

I wonder if that is her head of hair.  Hard to believe her gorgeous hair still looks the same at 76!  She must at least have a few extensions.  The (most of the) rest of us have to deal with trying to bulk up thinning hair as we age.  Not fair!!!

Honored Contributor

[I posted the following on April 15]

‎04-15-2022 04:03 PM - edited

To her credit, Jaclyn Smith had genes that carried her a very long way into life with a youthful look.  When that advantage gives way, it is hard to accept.  It happens eventually to everyone.  I know because it happened to me.

The difficult thing is that being able to to project your "same look" becomes a burden of sorts.  When you finally start collapsing physically, people seem "disapponted" in you.   I don't know how else to describe this response to the aging of some people.  

I've never used anything like Botox, etc., but I see Ms. Smith now has.  She is in the public eye, and so the pressure on her to project pretty much the same image is immense.  Really.  She probably does not want to disappoint in addition to having a healthy sort of vanity.

In the end, your looks are in the safest zone for not looking hideous if you just age as God intended.  That's my take on it.

But Ms. Smith always had a refreshingly honest look about her -- for many of her latest decades.

[A couple days ago, the Daily Mail posted this piece (link provided below) about Richard Gere and his wife.  The comments echoed some of what I wrote above about noticing that another's (as well as one's) looks have finally faded irretrievably, that Father Time takes his time with aging some, but he ultimately comes and takes his payment.  I confess that I am no better than some of the commenters on this piece.  My first thought was "What the heck happened to Richard Gere?"  Of course my mind immediately supplied the answer: He aged.  Other commenters wrote the same.  He met his "age-will-now-really-show" date.  It is not a sin, of course, but all of us are rooting for someone to beat the system,  aren't we?  Perhaps it is our way of coping with physical decay and, eventually, death itself.  Here is the link with photos of the nicely aged Richard Gere.]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10757701/Richard-Gere-72-wife-Alejandra-Silva-39-look-...

Trusted Contributor

@joviolin wrote:

I wonder if that is her head of hair.  Hard to believe her gorgeous hair still looks the same at 76!  She must at least have a few extensions.  The (most of the) rest of us have to deal with trying to bulk up thinning hair as we age.  Not fair!!!

@joviolin  It might not be her natural hair.  I think she has a wig line or promotes one.  If it is a wig, it looks good!

Valued Contributor

I do think however there comes a point where you need to just accept you are 76 or whatever and just try to be happy and keep yourself healthy!!!

I agree. I've been thinking about getting a little work done, but even if I can afford it (my insurance probably won't cover it) I've decided, I'm in my 70's and no one cares how I look.