Super Contributor

She was out and about with her hubby.  She's 76 years now.  I'm 76 years too.  She and I are both aging the same way.  Dark hair turning light.  Now I feel better.  I even colored my hair a little darker recently.

Jaclyn Smith.jpg

Honored Contributor

Yes, she is aging...it is going to happen to us all.  To me, letting your inner light shine is the best anti-aging strategy.  People who are at peace with themselves will always be attractive at any age.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

Re: Jaclyn Smith at 76

[ Edited ]

To her credit, Jaclyn Smith had genes that carried her a very long way into life with a youthful look.  When that advantage gives way, it is hard to accept.  It happens eventually to everyone.  I know because it happened to me.

The difficult thing is that being able to to project your "same look" becomes a burden of sorts.  When you finally start collapsing physically, people seem "disapponted" in you.   I don't know how else to describe this response to the aging of some people.  

I've never used anything like Botox, etc., but I see Ms. Smith now has.  She is in the public eye, and so the pressure on her to project pretty much the same image is immense.  Really.  She probably does not want to disappoint in addition to having a healthy sort of vanity.

In the end, your looks are in the safest zone for not looking hideous if you just age as God intended.  That's my take on it.

But Ms. Smith always had a refreshingly honest look about her -- for many of her latest decades.

Honored Contributor

To be fair, I don't think that is a very flattering photo. I bet she looks better than that, when captured in a better light and facial expression.

I'm sure the press try to capture many celebrities at their worst.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Could have picked a better picture than that one. That's just awful. I hope you feel better now.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Who is the "you" you are talking to? 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SilleeMee Who is the "you" you are talking to? 

OP @Love my grandkids 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Oh ok

Honored Contributor

I just saw her on television and she looks nothing like that. We all have days we look less than our best. The camera can distort too.🙁

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 😂