Respected Contributor

I always enjoyed watching him. He always seemed a little goofy and I wondered if it was an act. Poor guy. I wish him well. 

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed seeing Jack Hanna on TV and all the great animals he brought  for us to learn about and see up close.  I admired and respected Hanna because he was an animal advocate .

I am sorry to hear he has alzheimer's , very sad.  A close friend of mine was in her late sixties when the signs/symptom's began and she has had alzheimer's for many years.  She was very intelligent and vivacious. Sadly she doesn't interact with us, her long term friends and we are heart broken she has this terrible disease.  However, when we meet for lunch she is always included because she is still part of us.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel so bad for him, and his family. This is a devastating diagnosis, and I pray for all of them. I worked around Alzheimer patients for over 20 years, and it is incredibly sad.

Respected Contributor

On this same sad subject...and further to my comment about younger people with this diagnosis...my cousin emailed me today about someone she knew who just passed at 56. Had gotten an "early onset diagnosis of Alzheimer's" 10 years ago! Mom of two. 

That and some other sad news from a friend yesterday, who just found out her husband has weeks to months to live because his cancer has returned...and it just feels like the hits keep on coming this past year. As many have said here and in my circles...the prayer list keeps getting longer. 

Sorry not meaning to be a downer...just was so sorry to hear of both these things, and so surprised to hear of an Alzheimer's diagnosis in her 40's. 

Everyday is a gift. 

Regular Contributor

I lost my mother to Alzheimer's and I feel so sad that this wonderful man has this disease.  My mother was one of the younger ones, I can trace her symptoms back to her late 50s and she died at age 70.  It's a sad disease, more for the family than the person with dementia.  I was lucky in that my mother was mostly content and unaware of how much of herself was gone, but I made an effort to just meet her where she was and as long as she thought I was the nice lady who would come hold her had, it was okay.

Honored Contributor
Was so sad to see the announcement of his diagnosis. Always loved seeing him talk about animals on various shows. I always thought he was very handsome and charming also. Sounds like he will continue to surrounded by love and support...the only real “treatment” available right now. I also read one of his three daughters is currently recovering from surgery due to her health struggles after suffering from childhood leukemia. Prayers are needed for everyone in the Hanna family.