Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh 

Very dad indeed, he gave my young mind much to absorb and cherish about my favorite subject - animals and saving the planet for them.

Respected Contributor

Sad and stunning.  Medicine fails again as more and more people are diagnosed with a variety of Dementia symptoms.  When will medicine come up with a deterrant, or control?  When will medicine come up with a cure?  Maybe Dementia-relted disorders are sufficiently profitable that work is moving at a snail's pace.

Esteemed Contributor

How sad. I used to love to watch him on the Johnny Carson show. He would bring out all these exotic pets.Johnny would act scared.Sometimes he actually was.It was obvious how much Jack loved the animals.

I wish him well.💐

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Sad and stunning.  Medicine fails again as more and more people are diagnosed with a variety of Dementia symptoms.  When will medicine come up with a deterrant, or control?  When will medicine come up with a cure?  Maybe Dementia-relted disorders are sufficiently profitable that work is moving at a snail's pace.

It is sad about Jack Hanna - so knowledgeable about all those exotic and not so exotic creatures on this Earth.  But, all too common a diagnosis these days.  Allopathic medicine is treatment based, not curative.  More $$$ in it.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Wow...only 74. I know it's possible, and some people get dementia younger than that. But still, relatively unusual, and far too young. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

We saw Jack Hanna live on stage at Busch Gardens. He certainly has a way with the animals and explained them to audiences so well.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed him on the late night talk shows, esp when Carson was afraid ofcthe critters..  I always thought he was attractive even in the goofy hat. Jack has been married for 53 years to wife Suzi. Good for them. 

Honored Contributor

I met him when DS was 3. He was so patient with DS, who was fascinated with the animals he saw. After his demonstration we were allowed to wait in line to see him. I have a picture somewhere. Nice person- and this is sad.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems like the handful of people I personally know that got this disease, we're every smart people.