Honored Contributor

Re: Ja'Net Dubois has passed

Good Times is still shown on TV and I enjoy watching the show as much now as I did when it first came on TV.  Ja'Net Dubois was as much a part of Good Times as the others and I always enjoyed her comments which made me laugh.

I am sorry to hear of her passing and may she be at peace with God.  She left her mark in the entertainment world and still making me laugh.

Honored Contributor

I loved her as Willona,the stylish, outspoken neighbor on Good Times! RIP! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sorry to see this, she was a great addition to the show, expecially after Esther Rolle left for one season. 

Honored Contributor

Beautiful lady....talented in so many ways...

Honored Contributor

I also liked it when she adopted Penny on Good Times. She was kind of a mother to them all by the end of the show's run. Sorry to hear this news.

Esteemed Contributor

I was so shocked when I read about her passing.

Such a lively and funny being with a prolific career indeed.  I love  watching The Jeffersons and hearing her sing the theme song.

I read that she was very private and can not pin point her age which could be between 74-81 years but in any event she looked good.

RIP

Super Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 I thought she looked wonderful and was super talented.  What shocked me was to see that she was 74.  That show started in 1974 so she would have been only 28 which amazes me as for some reason I thought she was older or may be it was the character she played that seemed older.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mumof2 - I thought she was older as well at least in her mid to late thirties when she played in Good Times.

Honored Contributor

if you get TVONE on your cable system, they are doing a WILLONA tribute today 2/22 with lots of good times episodes where she is featured.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm with the rest of you as far as loving her work.

I wasn't familiar with her name but as soon as I saw her picture, I knew it was the same lady I used to love watching.

Just sitting here typing this, I can hear her speaking.  Her speech was very distinct...so precise.  I loved it and I loved watching her.