Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

They never ever got along as friends ,even in real life. They just have been pretending all these yrs   for the show.

Can you cite a source for this?  If not, then it's speculation.  Why can't people back up what they purport?

@gertrudecloset   @MalteseMomma 

Well, here's the thing .... even if Byrd says they were friends, that may not have ever been  JJ's take on their relationship.  In the article upthread, he claims "they are friends because they are both from Brooklyn"     (Seriously?  Woman LOL )

@MalteseMomma  could be right ... that they have just been cordial when cameras were rolling.   The things said in that article were for the benefit of the interviewer, and Judy was certainly NOT testifying under oath.  She may have just said whatever would most benefit her show, whether it was accurate or not.

None of us can be sure of their relationship, one way or another.  There are many possibilities.  Byrd is the only one talking right now, so we don't have any idea what Judy's REAL opinion is.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

They never ever got along as friends ,even in real life. They just have been pretending all these yrs   for the show.

Can you cite a source for this?  If not, then it's speculation.  Why can't people back up what they purport?

@gertrudecloset   @MalteseMomma 

Well, here's the thing .... even if Byrd says they were friends, that may not have ever been  JJ's take on their relationship.  In the article upthread, he claims "they are friends because they are both from Brooklyn"     (Seriously?  Woman LOL )

@MalteseMomma  could be right ... that they have just been cordial when cameras were rolling.   The things said in that article were for the benefit of the interviewer, and Judy was certainly NOT testifying under oath.  She may have just said whatever would most benefit her show, whether it was accurate or not.

None of us can be sure of their relationship, one way or another.  There are many possibilities.  Byrd is the only one talking right now, so we don't have any idea what Judy's REAL opinion is.  

@Tinkrbl44 

Thanks so much for your post.I should have known better than comment.. I just read it somewhere and I don't rembmber where I read it.

Valued Contributor

Judy is fabulously wealthy, so I doubt he is not on the show because of a money issue.  Since no one knows what their relationship has evolved into, it is imposible to know why he was "snubbed."  She obviously has her reasons and he is angry to be out of a nice job.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Thanks so much for your post.I should have known better than comment.. I just read it somewhere and I don't rembmber where I read it.

@MalteseMomma 

Truth is, we don't know what the real story is .....

However .... and this is just MY take on this, folks ......

if JJ and Byrd were on good terms, she would have spoken to him personally to break the news he wasn't going to the new show.  A friend or long time boss would do that.  The fact that she didn't say anything to him makes me think her attitude is a little more in the realm of "good riddance".

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

No, Gertrude, I don't think the article is about me .... good grief, how ridiculous.  

So what were YOU talking about?  I don't understand the post anyway @Tinkrbl44 .  I posted non descript information about two people on a show and you were "off to the races.....like gangbusters."  YOU commented about the article; so I figured you thought it was about YOU and YOUR comments.  

That's that.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

Still watching  the reruns.  Don't mind when she goes off on somebody who is obviously lying.  They have a lot of nerve, thinking they can put one over on her.

I love it when she gets on stupid people!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I read this article a week or so ago on Yahoo.

Her time is up. She gave him the shaft. I hope her new show ends up in the toilet. 

Years ago she was fun to watch. I still watch some of the reruns now and then. She's devolved into a nasty, mean old bat.

I'm on #TeamByrd.

Her re-runs will continue.  CBS made sure of that.  They are airing them still as CBS got a syndication deal.  I won't be buying a subscription to IMDB to watch her new show.  I like Judge Marilyn Milian on the People's Court!

@gertrudecloset   I wonder if Byrd will benefit financially from re-runs?  Could that be possible?

Also, I hope his wife is doing well.  Brain surgery--omgosh!

Yes, he will benefit from royalties.  Every re-run shown on tv of an old program pays the cast royalties @Lucky Charm .

@gertrudecloset   @LuckyCharm 

Sorry, but that's not true.   I don't know why anyone would think that every actor automatically receives royalties.  Most do, but not everyone, and those amounts vary considerably.    (see below)

These royalties (also known as residuals) are payments made when a TV show or film airs as a rerun, appears on video or DVD, and/or is sold to a syndication—like a streaming service or cable network. ... But there are many actors who receive insufficient residuals, or worse yet—no residuals at all.

So, do all actors get paid for reruns? According to the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, some do and some don't. For principal performers, royalties can lead to long-term payoffs that trump the original salary.   Background actors, on the other hand, won't be getting any residual checks in the mail.Sep 25, 2021

So what?  Not all of them get coins as a result of re-runs.  So what?  It would stand to reason that someone just standing in a line as a "fill in" in a movie won't get long term payout.  

There are ALL KINDS of actors.  Some don't become multimillionaires by doing so.  Some do commercials.  That's common sense @Tinkrbl44 .  Good on you to spell it out though.

Most cast members get royalties.  NOTE: I said "cast members."

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

@MalteseMomma 

if JJ and Byrd were on good terms, she would have spoken to him personally to break the news he wasn't going to the new show.  A friend or long time boss would do that.  The fact that she didn't say anything to him makes me think her attitude is a little more in the realm of "good riddance".

Your take is false.  Plain and simple.  There is nothing anywhere that makes such a suggestion.  You threw it out there to bait and slander a person's name @Tinkrbl44 .

If the source could be cited, we'd all be in the know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Don't respond to me anymore.  You make up stories where there is no story.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

@MalteseMomma 

Your take is false.  Plain and simple.  There is nothing anywhere that makes such a suggestion.  You threw it out there to bait and slander a person's name @Tinkrbl44 .

If the source could be cited, we'd all be in the know.

@gertrudecloset 

'I thought I'd made it VERY clear that this was only MY opinion, based on my years working in business.  Good grief, it's an opinion, not bait and slandering, but I guess you don't understand the difference.    Clearly, again you're just trying to stir the pot with anyone who doesn't agree with you.