Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

Love her!  This is one of my most favorite clips I recently saw.

http://www.kcci.com/article/viral-video-judge-judy-lets-dog-loose-in-court-to-determine-its-real-own...

@BornToShop

Love, Love, Love that episode! Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I LOVE Judge Judy---  I watch it while I work from home, and when I go to the office, I record her show.   

I love her honesty and directness---she doesn't pull any punches.  She is so refreshing in this PC world.  I think for those litigants that are idiots and don't have a lick of common sense she may come across as a bully or unkind.....but they have it coming--what those people have done, or doing, or saying doesn't make any sense at all! 

I also like Judge Milian and will watch Hot Bench on occasion, but the rest of the court shows seem to be more staged and outrageous, more like Jerry Springer Goes To Court.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BornToShop  and anyone else............

Does anyone else remember the case with the bassett hound,---A man had boarded his dog but didn't pay the boarding fee, so the boarder brought the dog to court that he needed to pick up and she wanted him to pay his boarding fee too. The man said he had recently moved to a place that didn't accept pets so a friend was going to have to keep the dog since he couldnt afford to board it..  Neither the man nor the daughter seemed too attached to the dog either.......Judge Judy offered the man/daughter a more permanent and better solution for both them and the dog, she said a staff member loved Bassetts and she had talked to him to see if the family agreed to reliquish ownership if he would take the dog, the staff member agreed, the family accepted the offer and everyone was happy, although the guy did have to pay the boarding fee that he hadn't paid...................

Judge Judy seems to really love dogs...............

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

she gives great advice.

"Don't pee on my leg & tell me it's raining."

"How can you tell when a teenager is lying?

When they open their mouth."

@Mz iMac

I have read her books and they are a good read.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Love her!  This is one of my most favorite clips I recently saw.

http://www.kcci.com/article/viral-video-judge-judy-lets-dog-loose-in-court-to-determine-its-real-own...

@BornToShop

Love, Love, Love that episode! Heart

Me too!

When JJ told the girl holding the dog to put him down, did you hear the defendant telling her not to do it?  She KNEW that was the plantiff's dog.

Honored Contributor

Years before her tv show, Judge Judy was  profiled on 60 Minutes when she was still a family court judge in NY.  She was profiled because she was the toughest "female" FC judge NYC ever had.   She got the job done.  Rarely were there repeat "offenders."  Also, she was famous in family court for her "lace" robe collers.

Byrd was just one of her bailiffs but he was her favorite.  When she was originally offered a "tv show" she would not take it unless Byrd came along.

She admonished "parents/guardians/caretakers" as well as the "teenagers."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

Love me some Judge Judy.....

Respected Contributor

Once da judge gets riled up, and that happens quickly, the horns come out!  She has absolutely no patience, wants the facts to be given precisely and quickly.  Understandably, this is hard to do for the litigants (nerves/anxiety/lying), but when you're telling the truth, no problem.  Judge Judy has honed her technique for many years, and knows immediately who's trying to "bs" who.  

Respected Contributor

LOL, I'd plead guilty if I was in front of her.  I watch sometimes but she's a bit much.   I have noticed she is adapting to modern times.   

I know they look for 'colorful' people to appear on these shows.   I've seen her on talk shows and she's hilarious.  Her courtroom personality is totally different.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

When she takes a dislike to someone she does not bother to listen to what they say and rules against them regardless of their testimony or evidence.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown