Honored Contributor

I quit watching a few years back when I began to notice more and more disconects between what both plaintiffs and defendants were saying and what JJ was saying.  I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with her beliefs as much as I felt she had become less judge and more an entertainer playing to her audience.

Esteemed Contributor

millie nailed it - that 'show' is 99% about Judy.

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123, I love Judge Judy, even watch some of reruns, she is definitely a no-nonsense Judge, and she must be doing something right, she has been on TV for a long, long time!

Valued Contributor

I have learned a lot from Judge Judy over the years. I now know what is important to keep  such as receipts and take pictures. I have helped my daughter as she rents apts. a lot of drama sometimes but the advice is good. I only watch sometimes and no animal cases.

i believe some just go on there for the thrill as their cases are ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

She scares me....if I was in front of her in court I would probably cry if she yelled at me😪

Esteemed Contributor

@Limbo4now wrote:

I have learned a lot from Judge Judy over the years. I now know what is important to keep  such as receipts and take pictures. I have helped my daughter as she rents apts. a lot of drama sometimes but the advice is good. I only watch sometimes and no animal cases.

i believe some just go on there for the thrill as their cases are ridiculous.

@Elom

I learned the same exact thing from watching "The People's Court".

Judge Marylin M. is much nicer when she talks to the litigants.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching her regularly and Judge Mathis for years now they are my two favorites.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  I LOVE Judge Marilyn Mignon!  I've often thought I'd like to hang out with her.  Judge Judy is OK, but her show has evolved over the years into a Maury Povich style.......overdone for the ratings.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I find Judge Judy to be a rude, mean bully, who is full of herself.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

She scares me....if I was in front of her in court I would probably cry if she yelled at me😪

Bring me as a witness @SeaMaiden.  I'd take her for you.  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy