Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,802
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

They are moving Judge Judy starting in July from 4-5 pm in the Washington, DC area to 3-4 pm due to local news starting up then.  Now 2 out of 3 local news start at 4 and go until 7 pm.  3 hrs of news?  A lot of it is rehashed over and over.  Guess what it's up against?  Hot Bench.  LOL.  I guess I'll be switching back and forth.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,251
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. I like both Judge Judy and Hot Bench so that would be a tough decision. I agree that there seems to an abundance of news.   

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,517
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

I don’t get watch her as often but I did get a chance at Dr. office and what did she do to her hair? Such a drastic change from her old style. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,920
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

[ Edited ]

I stopped watching her about a month ago - she's too mean and nasty.  Not to mention inconsistent.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,206
Registered: ‎11-24-2011

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe wrote:

I stopped watching her about a month ago - she's too mean and nasty.  Not to mention inconsistent.


@FranandZoe 

Yes, she has definitely become mean & nasty. And rude and very sarcastic. Even when the people before her are speaking with respect and doing their best to answer her questions she has tendency to quickly lose patience and go off on them. Gone are the days when I'd want to be pleading my case in front of her. She's also becoming quick to dish out personal insults to defendants or plaintiffs that she takes an immediate dislike to. And it doesn't take like long to realize who's going to be in for some verbal abuse from her.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,834
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbabyjane wrote:

They are moving Judge Judy starting in July from 4-5 pm in the Washington, DC area to 3-4 pm due to local news starting up then.  Now 2 out of 3 local news start at 4 and go until 7 pm.  3 hrs of news?  A lot of it is rehashed over and over.  Guess what it's up against?  Hot Bench.  LOL.  I guess I'll be switching back and forth.


@Sweetbabyjane 

 

WOW!!!  Thanks for the heads up....I sure hope they don't change our Judge Judy time currently from 4 to 5...We have news at 5PM, break for national news at 5:30, then more local news 6-7PM, and then again at 10PM..And our local news repeats the same stuff from the national news...one thing we don't need is more local news...😒

 

What gets me is even on the news at 5 it seems like it's more like a promo for the 6PM....all we hear is...."we'll show that interview at 6PM"(and its a taped interview not something happening at the moment)......"tune in at six for the Troubleshooter Report"...And say-- "Coming up at 6 PM".....  "We'll have more on the week ahead in weather at 6PM"...."what plans does the team have free agency....tune in at 6PM".......SO WHY WATCH AT 5PM....and its like they are saving these stories because unless there's breaking news, its mostly THE SAME STORIES they had in the Early News that morning!!!!!!! Your right, the same rehashed info over and over...😒  I'll just watch at 10PM and get it all at once .......(I do check national news on the internet during the day...and watch a national news program on a topic I'm interested in...)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,834
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

I stopped watching her about a month ago - she's too mean and nasty.  Not to mention inconsistent.


@FranandZoe 

Yes, she has definitely become mean & nasty. And rude and very sarcastic. Even when the people before her are speaking with respect and doing their best to answer her questions she has tendency to quickly lose patience and go off on them. Gone are the days when I'd want to be pleading my case in front of her. She's also becoming quick to dish out personal insults to defendants or plaintiffs that she takes an immediate dislike to. And it doesn't take like long to realize who's going to be in for some verbal abuse from her.


@shaggygirl 

 

I find her a breath of fresh air in this PC world....

 

Just because a person is polite doesn't excuse the fact that their situation didn't even merit bringing their case to court...Example  trying to get more than their car was worth in a Blue Book, ignored the contract they signed, or don't accept responsibility for their actions....i.e. didnt repair their fence  their dog went into the neighbors yard and killed the neighbors dog....And she doesn't tolerate drunkenness, or mutual fights caused for revenge in a bad breakup by live-ins.  Or all these complaints that they were defamed me on social media--leaving an opinion because of repairman's shoddy work is allowed providing its not libel or slander., or they want $$$ for mental distress, or want to be reimbursed because landlord took their property and on the list is a $9 broom!!! 😆..

 

SHE DOESN'T LIKE LACK OF COMMON SENSE, OR STUPIDITY, OR PIT BULLS......Litigants should know what they're getting into if they come into her court room with any of this baggage...what's the saying "glutton for punishment"...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,209
Registered: ‎03-28-2016

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

I stopped watching her about a month ago - she's too mean and nasty.  Not to mention inconsistent.


@FranandZoe 

Yes, she has definitely become mean & nasty. And rude and very sarcastic. Even when the people before her are speaking with respect and doing their best to answer her questions she has tendency to quickly lose patience and go off on them. Gone are the days when I'd want to be pleading my case in front of her. She's also becoming quick to dish out personal insults to defendants or plaintiffs that she takes an immediate dislike to. And it doesn't take like long to realize who's going to be in for some verbal abuse from her.


 

@shaggygirl@FranandZoe : Judge Judy hasn't changed at all IMO. She's always been  "mean and nasty"... "rude and sarcastic". LOL

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,920
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

I always respected that she didn't suffer fools.  But her attitude has changed a lot.  Hubby thinks it's for ratings.  For instance when she tells people "I don't care."  Or that fake laugh when someone is telling her something she doesn't believe or she thinks is ridiculous.  And what really gets me is she'll say to some of them "You can't tell me what someone said - it's hearsay."  But others she lets them.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,046
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

I'll take Hot Bench any day over Judge Judy.  She's way, way, way too nasty for my taste.  Haven't watched her in years because of that.