Honored Contributor

Re: JUDGE JUDY IN MY AREA - TIME CHANGE

People on these series shows have to keep amping it up, making their behavior more extreme in order to keep their audience.  People don't want to see the same old thing over the years.   Or she could be just becoming a crotchey old lady.  I often skip her these days; she's just plain mean.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'll take Hot Bench any day over Judge Judy.  She's way, way, way too nasty for my taste.  Haven't watched her in years because of that.

@Krimpette, totally agree which is why I watch Hot Bench and not Judge Judy but if HB is a repeat, I'll probably watch JJ. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

They are moving Judge Judy starting in July from 4-5 pm in the Washington, DC area to 3-4 pm due to local news starting up then.  Now 2 out of 3 local news start at 4 and go until 7 pm.  3 hrs of news?  A lot of it is rehashed over and over.  Guess what it's up against?  Hot Bench.  LOL.  I guess I'll be switching back and forth.

@SWEET 

WOW!!!  Thanks for the heads up....I sure hope they don't change our Judge Judy time currently from 4 to 5...We have news at 5PM, break for national news at 5:30, then more local news 6-7PM, and then again at 10PM..And our local news repeats the same stuff from the national news...one thing we don't need is more local news...😒

What gets me is even on the news at 5 it seems like it's more like a promo for the 6PM....all we hear is...."we'll show that interview at 6PM"(and its a taped interview not something happening at the moment)......"tune in at six for the Troubleshooter Report"...And say-- "Coming up at 6 PM".....  "We'll have more on the week ahead in weather at 6PM"...."what plans does the team have free agency....tune in at 6PM".......SO WHY WATCH AT 5PM....and its like they are saving these stories because unless there's breaking news, its mostly THE SAME STORIES they had in the Early News that morning!!!!!!! Your right, the same stuff rehashed over and over like you said...😒  I'll just watch at 10PM and get it all at once .......(I do check national news on the internet during the day...and watch a national news program on a topic I'm interested in...)

@Spurt, have to agree with you there.  I hate when they say "coming up..." and then you're still waiting for that story that you really want to watch but then you'll catch it 2 hrs later or the next day since the a.m. news is on from 4-7 am.  Half the time I'll be watching it and I'll fall back to sleep.  LOL.

Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure she's become more nasty for the ratings.  I think her show is the highest rated syndicated show on the air.  Jeopardy is currently beating her show in the ratings, but that's because of James.   When Jeopardy had the Teacher's Tournament on, JJ went back to number 1.  I spoke to a local judge I knew about her and he said that there is no way a judge could get away with that kind of behaviour on the bench, strictly acting for TV.

Valued Contributor

I've often thought, I'd hate to be on her show when she's had a bad day or in a bad mood.

Never heard of Hot Bench.  Will check on it.  Hope I get it in this area.  Thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

I had to look it up.  FIOS does not carry it.  We do have Judge Judy.  I tape it every week day. I read she is a creator of the show. 

done judge judy GIF

Respected Contributor

@godi 

I realize she's in her 70's, but this hair style makes her look much older IMO.  A softer look around her face would be good.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I had to look it up.  FIOS does not carry it.  We do have Judge Judy.  I tape it every week day. I read she is a creator of the show. 

done judge judy GIF

I have Verizon FIOS and I've been getting both show for years.  JJ on FOX5 (local) and HB on ABC.