Esteemed Contributor

What with her being all over the news lately perhaps she's just giving an old friend a positive publicity boost by spending time with him. He needs some positive attention drawn his way since for the most part the last few years the only thing that has gotten him mentioned is his gambling and his alcoholism. And oh yeh recently his now kaput romance with some much younger actress whose name escapes me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

What with her being all over the news lately perhaps she's just giving an old friend a positive publicity boost by spending time with him. He needs some positive attention drawn his way since for the most part the last few years the only thing that has gotten him mentioned is his gambling and his alcoholism. And oh yeh recently his now kaput romance with some much younger actress whose name escapes me. 

Of course, they do this more often than not.  They make us believe there's something to their partnerships.  Thing is sometimes there is something and sometimes it's just because they don't want to fade away into oblivion.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

I have no respect for her as a women. How in the world can you be in a Loving relationship for years, be so in love...break up and the next day you are with an ex boyfriend and shacking up...she is very needy. I do believe she has never been in love.

@GAC65 

Just to be clear, I am NOT a fan of J-Lo's but I think you are being too hard on her.   

What if she was so in love with ARod and planning a wedding,  then found out he had been cheating?  Personally, I'd be out the door in a heartbeat, but that's just me.   Would YOU stay with that situation?

Maybe you think she should have stayed, or become a nun, but neither of us knows all the facts here.

If she & Ben had remained friends and kept in touch, perhaps all he offered was a sympathetic ear and they realized they still had feelings for each other.  So what? 

Celebrity photographers can snap all sorts of pictures, and later the copy editors can write anything they want, whether it's accurate or not.  

Maybe she & Ben both had regrets over breaking up and this time they are older and wiser and see things differently now.  Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl 

Very good point.  There is a huge appetite in this country for "celebrity news" so those that cover that have to come up with a Celebrity Story Du Jour each and every week. 

Since most celebrities have publicists, the gossip rags have plenty to choose from.  They select the "latest story" by what sells the most and what gets the most hits on their online stories.  Whether the information is accurate or not rarely matters.  JMO, of course.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl I don't think Ben needs a publicity boost.  Regardless of his personal issues, he is an academy award winning filmmaker for both Argo and Good Will Hunting.  Not too many actors out there can boast that.  Argo is one of my favorite movies and is on HBO tonite.  I have it recorded and have seen it a million times, but I will be watching.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl I don't think Ben needs a publicity boost.  Regardless of his personal issues, he is an academy award winning filmmaker for both Argo and Good Will Hunting.  Not too many actors out there can boast that.  Argo is one of my favorite movies and is on HBO tonite.  I have it recorded and have seen it a million times, but I will be watching.

@Linmo They always could use  publicity boost.  I adore Ben Affleck, however, he's not the it guy running around hollywood right now.  In that industry you're only as good as your last hit movie, record or whatever.  I think Ben is working on stuff, but he has also been working on himself and his drinking problems.  Trying to co-parent his children.  Yes, he could use the publcity boost.  Jlo has the publicity on her right now because or recent recognition she's still capitalizing on from that movie she was nominated for an award.  

Jlo has never been nominated for an award for acting abilities until that movie as a stripper.  Her music sells for her though she's not the great of a vocalist.  Her claim to fame is dancing.

Finally, Ben is no EGOT and there are a lot leading men who've won more awards than him.  Good Will Hunting is one of the best movies I've ever watched.  I also liked him in Gone Girl and the blind superhero.  

Respected Contributor

I have always heard that she does not treat people well.  It is a known fact in the industry.  I do have a pipeline.

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I have always heard that she does not treat people well.  It is a known fact in the industry.  I do have a pipeline.

This is what I have heard too.  No wonder she can't keep a man.

Esteemed Contributor

Or maybe she found something out about Alex flirting with or coming on to or seeing another woman and she's just trying to save face as in "you don't mess with me Dude cause there is always another man just waiting in the wings to take over where I left off with you".

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

Personally, I have a lot of respect for her.  She is an amazing singer, dancer and actress and from what I've read, works incredibly hard.  She also seems to have a good relationship with Marc Anthony who is the father of her children.

I think she's a better actress than singer or dancer.  I have enjoyed a few of her movies, although I'm really not much of a fan of hers.