Honored Contributor

Re: JIMMY STEWART, THE WAR, AND "IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE"

@Oznell wrote:

I did google "How Jimmy Stewart's War...etc." and the online, 2016 article popped up.  Hope you eventually find it.

OHHHH!

I thought the article was from today's paper. Thanks 

Honored Contributor

That is an interesting bit of information about Jimmy Stewart.  I did know he was in the service but didn't know how it affected him.  So many have come from war and had issues, some serious.

I like Stewart and one of my favorite of his movies is The Glen Miller story with June Allyson, probably because as I got older I appreciated Miller's music.  I am sure I am in the minority but A Wonderful Life isn't one of my favorite Christmas movies.  I have seen it a few times and it just doesn't appeal to me.  However, films, like music and design is based on taste and we all have our likes and dislikes.  

Stewart was a great actor and made some terrific movies, he is a legend along with many others.

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @spiderw, I often don't think of "The Glenn Miller Story" when I think of Stewart, but that's a good one of his!

I have a hard time narrowing down my favorites of his-- maybe "Vertigo" and "Harvey"--  oh,  I thought he was so good and "operating on all cylinders" as the wry defense attorney in "Anatomy of a Murder"!