Honored Contributor

JFK Jr. and Carolyn's Wedding: The Lost Tapes

This is on tonight at 8:00 on TLC. They're showing never before scenes of the wedding. A friend of JFK Jr. took the video and has sat on it for all these years. Some think as private as the couple was, the friend shouldn't have released it. Oh, and don't confuse this special with the A&E Biography JFK Jr. The Final Year which airs Tuesday the 16 at 9:00.

Contributor

Re: JFK Jr. and Carolyn's Wedding: The Lost Tapes

Thx !!  I totally forgot !!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carolyn Bessette is my fashion icon.  Her timeless, classic looks remain relevant after all these years.  She exudes confidence and elegance.  And, yes, I agree the family friend should have kept the films confidential in honor of this couple.  But since it has been released, I'll watch.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

This is on tonight at 8:00 on TLC. They're showing never before scenes of the wedding. A friend of JFK Jr. took the video and has sat on it for all these years. Some think as private as the couple was, the friend shouldn't have released it. Oh, and don't confuse this special with the A&E Biography JFK Jr. The Final Year which airs Tuesday the 16 at 9:00.

@Jordan2   There was a two hour show on channel 7 last night, very good.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   There was a two hour show on channel 7 last night, very good.

@mousiegirl that was a rerun, I think it originally aired in January of this year. I watched it when it was first on.

Honored Contributor

Really?  I don't care about either the wedding or his last year.  He wasn't a public person or politican.  He didn't live long enough to accomplish anything.  I'm not sure that he would have but he never got the opportunity.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Thanks for the info---I shall b watching.

Dang --just noticed it was on last night---so disappointed.

Regular Contributor

I taped both, and just watched them. So hard in spots. The Freeman Bessette's lost two daughters....

As Ted Kennedy so eloquently put it: Like his father, he had everything but length of years. TG Jackie had already passed.

Respected Contributor

I just happened to be channel surfing earlier and came across the show. I missed the first hour, I wish I had seen it in its entirety.

Even though the video was very dark and it was difficult to see, I enjoyed watching it.

Because Carolyn was two hours late, the church had no electricity, the windows were painted over and the hour was getting late, it ended up being a candle lit ceremony. I think that really gave the ceremony such an intimate feeling.

It was lovely watching John and Carolyn exchange vows, cut their cake and dance at their reception. They both looked so happy and in love.
Respected Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Thanks for the info---I shall b watching.

Dang --just noticed it was on last night---so disappointed.

It was on again this afternoon. They will probably repeat it again.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky