Esteemed Contributor

Well, if I had to loose to anyone, I'd rather loose to James, not that I'm ever going to be on Jeopardy.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I am not a regular viewer of Jeopardy, I have been watching recently because of James. I can't wait until he finally loses. He seems smug to me, it seems like he is toying with the other contestants, letting them into the game then making it a laugher. Recently he did just win, he gave a wipe of his brow. I feel sorry for the other contestants, some days it's like James is playing alone, he never gets a question wrong.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I suspect those who resent James are ones who are on the side of underdogs, identify with them. Those who are enamored with him prefer winners, admire the best and the unique. I couldn't wait for that two week teacher tournament, seemed like a month, to end. Some day he will lose, hopes it's the distant future, and I'll miss him, a lot.

I don't resent James.  I feel sorry for him--every time he smiles, I'm afraid his teeth will lock up.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

The only thing I think of when I see he's still on the"winning streak" is what the other contestants are thinking:

"Dear Lord I've dreamed coming on Jeopardy for years & now I'm here finally & have to compete against this guy go🙃🙄 just my luck!" LOL

It just amazes me the knowledge this guy has for all topics.

Although, at this point it's getting boring as a  viewer -- I would think there was a cap on # of consecutive games OR cap on amount $$$ a contestant can win.

But of course, I'll continue to watch🤷‍♀️

Hopefully they take comfort in knowing that even getting in the game is a huge accomplishment!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Unlike some other posters I enjoy watching James on Jeopardy and  I know a lot of other people who agree with me.  I am amazed at his wealth of knowledge on almost all topics and questions and wonder what his IQ is.  If he continues to answer questions correctly he'll be on the show for awhile.  You can't change the rules in the middle of the game.

(30th victory stands at $2,343,971 as of last night.)

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Ken Jennings was on for 74 games.  I wonder how many James will be on.  He may make a large bet in Double Jeopardy and miss the answer and lose to someone.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Unlike some other posters I enjoy watching James on Jeopardy and  I know a lot of other people who agree with me.  I am amazed at his wealth of knowledge on almost all topics and questions and wonder what his IQ is.  If he continues to answer questions correctly he'll be on the show for awhile.  You can't change the rules in the middle of the game.

Agree with you @AnikaBrodie. If they wanted to change the rules they should have done it after Ken Jennings 70+ wins.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I suspect those who resent James are ones who are on the side of underdogs, identify with them. Those who are enamored with him prefer winners, admire the best and the unique. I couldn't wait for that two week teacher tournament, seemed like a month, to end. Some day he will lose, hopes it's the distant future, and I'll miss him, a lot.

I don't resent James.  I feel sorry for him--every time he smiles, I'm afraid his teeth will lock up.

Wow, ok then.

I am sure his teeth are fine and he can keep on smiling all the way to the bank. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

Agree with you @AnikaBrodie. If they wanted to change the rules they should have done it after Ken Jennings 70+ wins.

James at 30 games is less than $200,000 away from Jennings' record in 74 games. Amazing!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

It's not just his wide range of knowledge but his super fast recall. I can't think how anyone could not be impressed.