Respected Contributor

Love watching James and am amazed at his knowledge and speed.   I hope he continues to win.  I will be watching.  We've even set up DVr so as not to miss a show.  

I've posted before that his demeanor is great, a joy to watch.  Love his stories about his family & friends. They must be so proud of him.  I don't even know him, yet I am proud too. What a wonderful change from the horrible events all over the world. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Jeopardy broke syndication records the week ending April 14th. Jeopardy rating increased 5% .  And May sweeps start tomorrow!

Wondering if Jeopardy will save James for a May cliffhanger to be continued in September. Big Adverti$ing dollars needed to float his winnings.

Judge Judy is doing well too.

Doesn't jeopardy go until the end of July and then takes an 8 week break until September ? 

No.  they wrapped up current season taping last week.  They resume taping in July,  for the Sept premiere

Trusted Contributor

@luvzchiz  Ditto to everything you said.  I am in awe of James, although

I feel sorry for those who are playing against him.  He's not only smart,

but knows how to work the buzzer.  I take it Jeopardy doesn't have

any kind of limit to how many games one can play...or winnings?

I just hope James is smart with his money.  I like his wife's idea, have

an extended vacation at some of their favorite spots ( or make new favorites)

Stay a month, rather than just a week or so.  Have fun but be wise.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching James too.  I googled his wife because I was curious about the type of woman who would pair up with this unusual even exceptional individual.  She is well read, quite intelligent and has been a contestant on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.  They have a very young girl.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Jeopardy broke syndication records the week ending April 14th. Jeopardy rating increased 5% .  And May sweeps start tomorrow!

Wondering if Jeopardy will save James for a May cliffhanger to be continued in September. Big Adverti$ing dollars needed to float his winnings.

Doesn't jeopardy go until the end of July and then takes an 8 week break until September ? 

No.  they wrapped up current season taping last week.  They resume taping in July,  for the Sept premiere

This is kind of confusing. The way I understand it is that the shows that have already been taped are new shows that  we will be seeing through July. In other words, there are about 2 more months of new shows to air. Then, near the end of July, we will start to see reruns until the new season starts up again. Of course, I could be totally wrong! Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Jeopardy used to have a 5-day run and done for champions. That changed years ago.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

As the ratings go up, will Jeopardy profits go down?

Valued Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

Runaway games are no fun to watch. I won't watch until he is gone. He is not likable at all.

@CLHS68 wrote:

Runaway games are no fun to watch. I won't watch until he is gone. He is not likable at all.

You’re in the minority. He’s been great for the show and has brought in a whole new audience. Good for him! He’s amazing!!

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Danky wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

This is kind of confusing. The way I understand it is that the shows that have already been taped are new shows that  we will be seeing through July. In other words, there are about 2 more months of new shows to air. Then, near the end of July, we will start to see reruns until the new season starts up again. Of course, I could be totally wrong! Smiley Very Happy

Then again, you could be totally right @SusieQ_2 ........that is exactly how it it is done. Now the big questions are will James be back in September and will Alex be back ? I certainly hope so......Jeopardy will be very boring without either one of them. 

Respected Contributor

@Susie_Q2 @Danky 

Jeopardy's Youtube page :

Published on Apr 17, 2019

Alex recently finished taping shows for Season 35 and has hosted 50 episodes of Jeopardy! since his  diagnosis. His primary plan for the next few months is to concentrate on his health, and we are scheduled to be back in the studio in July to tape shows for Season 36 that will begin airing in September. He paused in the busy tape day to give fans and friends this update.