Honored Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY WITH LEVAR BURTON STARTS 7/26

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Spurt I don't think Rodgers has any say so as to when the shows are taped!! LOL

@Love my grandkids 

Well, that's not entirely true.  If Rodgers was selected and a contract signed, the scheduling would obviously be done to accomodate his other commitment(s).  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

So many people were anxious to hand the job to Lavar Burton without even seeing him guest host.  I thought he did a decent job better than a lot of others that have hosted including Anderson Cooper, Dr. Oz, Katie Couric, Bill Whitaker.....

My favorites remain Ken Jennings, Buzzy 

Cohen, Mayim Bialik and Aaron Rodgers....

@Spurt 

ITA ....  Levar was okay, and I do take into consideration that it was his first night. 

I think the "enthusiasm" for Levar to get the job, and all the fan hype, may work against him.  He wasn't nearly as spectacular as people said he would be.  He was ok.   Truthfully, since he said he was "meant" to do this, I expected more.

Still watching to see if he settles in to it.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, it looks like the middle guy set a new record ..... for lowest score ever!   

"Pearce’s negative $7,400 breaks a record previously held by Stephanie Hull since March 12, 2015, when she posted negative $6,800, according to Slate."

LeVar Burton’s debut as 'Jeopardy!' guest host overshadowed by record for lowest score ever [Video] ...

Painful to watch.  He's probably very smart, but has never been on tv before and just - as they say in sports - choked.

Honored Contributor

Watched his first show and it was less than stellar he was a big bore in fact

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Watching now waiting for final. He's improved some, but not enough. Too dramatic like the quintessential game show host.

Esteemed Contributor

he needs to stop shouting.......

Honored Contributor

LeVar improved a bit on his second show; he was smoother at reading clues.  I think he still has a way to go to enter the upper echelon of guest hosts.

Respected Contributor

I didn't think he was any better today.  I don't care for him as host at all, although there were others who did worse.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I didn't think he was any better today.  I don't care for him as host at all, although there were others who did worse.

Nor did I. 

I really was rooting for him.

Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

he needs to stop shouting.......

YES!!! YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.