Honored Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY WITH LEVAR BURTON STARTS 7/26

@Tique wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

The champ abbreviated the categories to save time and win the most money by not messing around. Did you notice he chose the highest money amounts first?  It was all done to win the most money.

@Pearlee  that was a strategy used by former champ, James Holzhauer. It's how he was able to break records and amass such large amounts of money during his 32-day winning streak. You may know that but others might not.

@Tique. Yes, a lot of players have used that strategy over the years.  I don't hold his abbreviating the category name against him to save time; it's clear which category is being picked.

Esteemed Contributor

The second man was horrible, even i could answer most of the questions, some were simple.  He couldn't get the words out of his mouth.  The worst i have ever seen.

I didn't care for the host as a host, but maybe because it was his first show.  Other host did better on their first show. He has no personality IMO. Last night was boring.

I watched a show Sunday called, THE Chase", and they had some of the big winners on it in the background.  It was a tough show as far as questions.

I had to laugh, the lady that was supposed to be so smart because she went to Harvard, bombed more than the other two contestants. Yet in the end, they all lost. The man was the best, but also lost to the person he competed against who was one of the big winners on Jeopardy.  It was tough.

The host was one of the ladies on the View, the one who is nice, but can't remember her name. Blonde hair, not Megan.

Honored Contributor

Well, it looks like the middle guy set a new record ..... for lowest score ever!   

"Pearce’s negative $7,400 breaks a record previously held by Stephanie Hull since March 12, 2015, when she posted negative $6,800, according to Slate."

LeVar Burton’s debut as 'Jeopardy!' guest host overshadowed by record for lowest score ever [Video] ...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Aaron Rodgers in returning to the Packers as their quarterback. so he may not be as intersted as he previously stated.

@deepwaterdotter 

Aaron had said if he got the Jeopardy job he would tape shows in the NFL's offseason....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

The champ abbreviated the categories to save time and win the most money by not messing around. Did you notice he chose the highest money amounts first?  It was all done to win the most money.

@Pearlee 

Instead of running a category, these days I think a lot of contestants search for the Daily Doubles and I think that's what he does.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So many people were anxious to hand the job to Levar Burton without even seeing him guest host.  I thought he did a decent job better than a lot of others that have hosted including Anderson Cooper, Dr. Oz, Katie Couric, Bill Whitaker.....

My favorites remain Ken Jennings, Buzzy 

Cohen, Mayim Bialik and Aaron Rodgers....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ladygray 

The remaining guest hosts are---

Levar Burton  7/26-7/30

David Faber  8/2 - 8/6

Sports Announcer, the ARROGRANT, Joe Buck 

8/9 - 8/13

Honored Contributor

@Spurt I don't think Rodgers has any say so as to when the shows are taped!! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Spurt I don't think Rodgers has any say so as to when the shows are taped!! LOL

@Love my grandkids 

That's what RODGERS said, not me....although if it would boost the shows ratings, Im sure the network and production staff would accomodate him---Here's his Newsweek interview---

Aaron Rodgers said "I am not shy at all saying I want the job", he admitted he wouldn't quit football to do the job, Rodgers, 37, thinks he can fit the filming schedule around his NFL duties. "I don't think I'd need to give up football to do it," he said. "They [Jeopardy!] film 46 days a year. I worked 187 this year in Green Bay. That gives me, eh—178 days to do Jeopardy! So I feel like I could fit 46 into that 178 and make it work."

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee 

Instead of running a category, these days I think a lot of contestants search for the Daily Doubles and I think that's what he does.....

@Spurt. He can be using more than one strategy to make maximum money.  He went through the bottom rows (highest dollar values) first. I don't think that was looking for DDs.