Honored Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY WITH LEVAR BURTON STARTS 7/26

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, LeVar's first show wasn't very good.  I think "deer in the headlights" is an apt description.  Let's see if he can turn it around.

I thought I was the only one who thought of that description in reference to Mr. Burton. You are so right! The thought "bug eyes" came to mind. They just seemed to "bug" out at me. 

And I didn't care for the way he punched his words, which made the cadence uneven and not smooth. Hope that makes sense how I described it. His words just didn't flow.

I am surprised at how much I did NOT enjoy him. Probably won't watch the rest of the week, but will check in on this thread to read continuing observations by all of you.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Give him a chance.  I think they all were nervous on their first night.   Hopefully, he'll be less nervous tomorrow.

I thought Sanjay Gupta was the best for me.   He was personable, had a good rapport with the contestants and was just so pleasant and easygoing.   That's just my take.

Who are the remaining guest hosts? 

That guy Matt who is the current champ, he is good and so smart, but I can't stand how he abbreviates all the categories when he picks a question.   He seems a bit arrogant to me.   It amazes me though how some of them know all the answers.  

I think the guest hosts have been fun to watch.   I bet it has increased interest in the game show.

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, LeVar's first show wasn't very good.  I think "deer in the headlights" is an apt description.  Let's see if he can turn it around.

I thought I was the only one who thought of that description in reference to Mr. Burton. You are so right! The thought "bug eyes" came to mind. They just seemed to "bug" out at me. 

And I didn't care for the way he punched his words, which made the cadence uneven and not smooth. Hope that makes sense how I described it. His words just didn't flow.

I am surprised at how much I did NOT enjoy him. Probably won't watch the rest of the week, but will check in on this thread to read continuing observations by all of you.

Did you see Levar in "Roots?"    He has very expressive eyes which served him well in that epic TV mini-series.   I remember the fear he expressed as Kunta Kinte with his eyes without uttering a word when he was captured to be a slave.  You could feel his character's fear.  He is such a good actor.  

Trusted Contributor

I think he is a terrible host, one of the worse, and sure hope he doesn't get the job.

Honored Contributor

I was so disappointed. Probably will not watch anymore w/him. Thought he was wooden, judgemental and in general just not good.

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

Give him a chance.  I think they all were nervous on their first night.   Hopefully, he'll be less nervous tomorrow.

I thought Sanjay Gupta was the best for me.   He was personable, had a good rapport with the contestants and was just so pleasant and easygoing.   That's just my take.

Who are the remaining guest hosts? 

That guy Matt who is the current champ, he is good and so smart, but I can't stand how he abbreviates all the categories when he picks a question.   He seems a bit arrogant to me.   It amazes me though how some of them know all the answers.  

I think the guest hosts have been fun to watch.   I bet it has increased interest in the game show.

@Ladygray I agree with you 100%......I thought that LeVar seemed a bit nervous, I am sure he will do better tonight! Matt, the champion is so arrogant acting, I also can't stand how he abbreviates-they should call him on that! I hope tonight is his last night-please someone beat him.......He is very smart, and when they stop the show and talk to him-he seems alright, but a lot of arrogance..... I agree the guest hosts have been fun as well! Last night the lady, can't remember her name seemed to have trouble with her pointer! 

Honored Contributor

The champ abbreviated the categories to save time and win the most money by not messing around. Did you notice he chose the highest money amounts first?  It was all done to win the most money.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

The champ abbreviated the categories to save time and win the most money by not messing around. Did you notice he chose the highest money amounts first?  It was all done to win the most money.

@Pearlee  that was a strategy used by former champ, James Holzhauer. It's how he was able to break records and amass such large amounts of money during his 32-day winning streak. You may know that but others might not.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

He did a very poor job of hosting the show.

The winner is very arrogant and unlikeable.

The final Jeopardy question was ridiculously simple.

Honored Contributor

I thought he stunk. But will watch as I enjoy the show overall.