Esteemed Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY WITH LEVAR BURTON STARTS 7/26

We also thought he did fine.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@LavernLuvsShoes wrote:

I'm really looking forward to watching LeVar "Guest Host" Woman Wink

If he doesn't get the nod, then I'll vote for either Ken Jennings or Aaron Rodgers

Both of them did a great job (IMHO).

Is Aaron Rodgers the sports guy? If so, I just didn't connect with him. It was something about low voice and manner. I don't need a screamer, but he didn't come across as very enthusiastic.

I though Ken Jennings was excellent; my husband doesn't like him for some reason.

There was another former winner that was also quite good -- can't remember his name.

Overall, I've been quite impressed with the group.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I thought he was good, esp for his first show. And he even had to deal with the show goofing and having to make a correction, which didn't rattle him.

Gosh the guy in the middle who was deep into the minus money and couldn't play final Jeopsrdy was the worst player I've ever seen!

And yippee I got the final Jeopardy question!

Honored Contributor

Watching now, on commercial before final. He is just awful. Maybe it's a first night issue so I'll give him tomorrow and Wednesday. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched it and found him very difficult to listen to.  I have read that this first night was not a good one for him and that he gets better, which I hope.  

On another note, also not doing so well, I think this is the first time that I have seen a contestant at a minus 7400.   

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Frequent Contributor

I was looking forward to this week. But he is awful. Just awful.
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl 

I think Burton's delivery was difficult for all three. Even the returning winner was disadvantaged.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain  The one question where the answer was Noriega, Matt actually was correct and did not run out of time (although it was too close for comfort), but he was penalized and the other contestant got the money for it.  I always wonder if there is a discussion that we do not see when there are discrepancies.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I think Levar was trying too hard. Maybe nerves or just trying to impress but he didn't hold my interest and didn't have a natural flow or likable personality.JMO

Maybe he will improve as he goes on.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I thought he was good, esp for his first show. And he even had to deal with the show goofing and having to make a correction, which didn't rattle him.

Gosh the guy in the middle who was deep into the minus money and couldn't play final Jeopsrdy was the worst player I've ever seen!

And yippee I got the final Jeopardy question!

@Pearlee -That guy in the middle was not a good player.  I got final Jeopardy too - great minds think alike - LOL!!!