Honored Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY WITH LEVAR BURTON STARTS 7/26

@ValuSkr wrote:

I didn't see Jeopardy on Thursday but hope LeVar continued to improve.  It really isn't fair he got only one week -- five episodes that were all filmed in one day - while the others got two weeks.

I see Matt won again.  Has any one come close - he's a remarkable player.

@ValuSkr   The one week hosts started with George Stephanopoulos(sp?).  He and Robin Roberts each got one week, too.  The remaining two hosts will each have one week.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Clearly I am in the minority, but I rather like Levar as Jeopardy host. I didn't see his first night, but he was very transparent in sharing that his performance was less than stellar. I do find his enthusiasm contagious. And he refrains from continually saying "you got it". I'm talking to you Savannah, George and Robin.

If anyone thinks a host cannot grow in this position, go back and view some of Alex Trebek's early days. He was very green.

Honored Contributor

LeVar finished strong in his fifth appearance; maybe it will be enough to put him over the top.

Next week's host is someone I've never heard of.  He's from CNBC,  I guess Jeopardy was struggling to find people at this point.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@ValuSkr 

Enduring this week with Burton has been challenging, two weeks would have been too much to ask of even the most avid Jeopardy fan.

@occasionalrain 

I was looking at various news articles last night and one said, basically,  "according to various polls, LB is now ranked #1 as best of all the guest hosts".   

Huh?  Did I see some other version of his guest hosting than others did?  I can understand his fans happy to see him on it, but he is nowhere near the top of the list ... ANY list. 

JMO, of course.

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@ValuSkr 

Enduring this week with Burton has been challenging, two weeks would have been too much to ask of even the most avid Jeopardy fan.

@occasionalrain 

I was looking at various news articles last night and one said, basically,  "according to various polls, LB is now ranked #1 as best of all the guest hosts".   

Huh?  Did I see some other version of his guest hosting than others did?  I can understand his fans happy to see him on it, but he is nowhere near the top of the list ... ANY list. 

JMO, of course.

Agree, he was uncomfortable to watch. And I've always been a fan of his acting (Roots, Star Trek: New Generation) and his hosting of Reading Rainbow. He flopped as Jeopardy guest host, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I was embarrassed for him.

While there were others who weren't great, none had me cringing or feeling sorry for them.

Respected Contributor

Aaron Rodgers was so awkward. Even Levar is better.

Honored Contributor

@CalMom I have a different opinion. If you ever read the J! FB page there were literally 100's of negative posts about Burton. His constant yelling, his feigned (or not) amazement when a contestant was correct, many were turned off by that.

I frankly never saw the big deal about him. Yes I know about Reading Rainbow and he was excellent in Roots, but that's it. Anyway, he won't be the host so I'm glad.

Respected Contributor

Got a kick out of Levar's story of how his wife reacted when he asked her about his performance as host of "Jeopardy."  Painfully honest, but he took it well !!!