Trusted Contributor

Re: JEOPARDY WITH LEVAR BURTON STARTS 7/26

Sorry Levar....just not feeling it.  I missed Robin's week, couldn't pay me to watch George, but all the others I've seen have been OK.

My favorite is still Buzzy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

he needs to stop shouting.......

YES!!! YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

thanks for the laugh!!

Respected Contributor

Levar Burton has been a disappointment as a host.

At first I thought he would a good match and fit the profile for what they may be looking for in a host but his mannerisms have not fit the bill.

Valued Contributor

Not impressed with Levar at all and finding it hard to even watch with the screaming.  He doesn't seem comfortable at all, either.  Maybe it's because he wants the job so badly.  He very well might improve, but he would certainly not be my first, second, or even third choice.  Makes me wonder about the petitions and who really started and signed them.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

he needs to stop shouting.......

YES!!! YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

thanks for the laugh!!

And his YES YOU ARE CORRECT sounds like he is absolutely astounded that the contestant got the correct answer.  I laugh every time.  It will be a parody somewhere soon i bet.

Valued Contributor

I didn't realize Levar had said he was "meant for this job."  It reminds me of contestants on the singing competition shows who say they are "meant for this" and "it's all they ever wanted to do" when they can't carry a note to save their lives.  Wanting to do something and being suited for it are two very different things.

Respected Contributor

After reading all of the other posts, it seems that LeVar is not doing so well in the court of popular opinion.  I am a fan.  Admittedly, I may be biased as I have enjoyed him in his other works through the years.  Also, admittedly, I haven't seen all of the other guest hosts, but I did catch most of them.  I would like him to get the job, but I wouldn't be mad if one of the others on my list got it instead.  

But meanwhile, good luck Mr. Burton aka/ Kunta Kinte, Geordi LaForge.  👩‍🚀🌈

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe I've arrived at the source of Burton's problem.

He's developed an over dramatic delivery from reading and interacting with children. 

I liked my parents reading to me when I was a child,

thankfully they didn't get dramatic with it. 

Some children like drama along with voices for each character. I had a first grade teacher who did that, but I 

hate it. 

Honored Contributor

Levar was not one of my favorites as I'm still liking Buzzy the best.

Respected Contributor

I like Levar Burton....but not as host of Jeopardy.  It's like when you are an actress or actor who goes for an audition for a part in a movie or a play.  The casting director has to decide in the end who is best suited for the role.  Bless Levar's heart and I think he is a wonderful actor, but he is not right for the part of Host of Jeopardy.